Flexible Dieting 101

Options
Hello. Has anyone had weight loss success with the Flexible Dieting 101 program by Scott James? I have the book,and it's a little confusing. Any tips or success stories will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this is, but I've had success eating a flexible diet aka moderation aka IIFYM. Set my calorie goal based on my weight loss goals (2050 calories with exercise already included), set my protein based on my weight (0.8*lbs = 125g), set fat based on weight (0.4*lbs = 65g) and the rest go to carbs. Then I just eat whatever I please, which usually means lots of fruits and veggies by default anyways. I aim to eat a variety of food as much as I can. Still eat plenty of less nutritious food.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No, but the cover of the book made me giggle a little.

IIFYM is the dominantly used approach here, and that's what flexible dieting 101 is.
  • jgreeneyes23
    jgreeneyes23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh okay. Thanks Sabine_Stroehm. I didn't realize that's the same thing as IIFYM. And yes, I giggled at the cover of the book too. Thanks ana3067 for sharing your experience. I've been seeing people post about macros, etc. and didn't have a clue what they were talking about. I will do some more research and jump on board!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Macros:
    Protein (Aim to get 1gram per lb of lean body mass)
    Fat (Aim to get .4-.6 grams per lb of body weight)
    Carbs (Fill in as you see fit)

Micros:
    Your vitamins and minerals (Vitamin A, B, C..etc, Iron, Potassium..etc)