Not losing weight!!

Options
so I've been back on my diet for 2 weeks. The first week I lost 3lb. This week nothing despite sticking to my deficit and am a regular dancer and gym 3times a week.
And yes I am lowering my cals from 2200 to 1200 and all healthy clean eating.
Normally I drop easily but now I've come to a halt and it can't be a plateau as I've just started!
Please help!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, you won't lose weight every week. Some you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. It's perfectly normal to stall for a week or two. Just keep at it! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear, you won't lose weight every week. Some you'll lose, some you'll stay the same, some you'll gain. It's perfectly normal to stall for a week or two. Just keep at it! :)

all of this, be more patient
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    so I've been back on my diet for 2 weeks. The first week I lost 3lb. This week nothing despite sticking to my deficit and am a regular dancer and gym 3times a week.
    And yes I am lowering my cals from 2200 to 1200 and all healthy clean eating.
    Normally I drop easily but now I've come to a halt and it can't be a plateau as I've just started!
    Please help!

'healthy clean eating' is an overly vague term, leave the meaningless buzz words out and you'll save yourself a lot of hassle on here. If your diary isn't open to public viewing, do that for advice from others. The usual reason for this is that people are eating more than they think, usually because they've not been weighing food but rather just using generic entries. BUT...you've lost 3 lbs in two weeks - you're doing really well here. If you lost that in six weeks I'd say you're doing really well. Track monthly trends, if every month you're down 2 lbs from where you were a month ago, you've got it right. Even if that means you lost 10 lbs and then put on 8 lbs, it's a loss overall. I don't think you need to worry here.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So you have lost on average a pound and a half a week for two weeks.
    Bit early to call a plateau!
  • Lizilu20
    Lizilu20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Give it time and keep at it. I lost 3 lbs last week , nothing the week before and nothing this week despite no changes to my diet/lifestyle. I have however lost quite a bit over the course of the past 18 months or so. Don't let this get you down, it's perfectly normal and it's the bigger picture that counts. Good luck.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That is a 1,000 calorie change. Are you sure 1,200 calories per day is where you should be? You may want to check MFP's recommendation against another site like http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ if you haven't already.
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    loosing 3 lbs in one week is a large loss! be happy and patient! It can also be water weight, salt retention, gaining muscle.. lots effect the number on the scale.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you are consuming fewer calories than you burn you are losing weight. If you are going to stress about every measured weight gain over such a small sample time you are in for some rough times. RELAX!