1 egg
    1 egg white
    1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
    1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
    1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
    cooking spray

Directions

Heat over to 450 degrees.
    Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
    Beat egg and egg white into bowl.
    Place panko in bowl with seasonings.
    Dip fish into egg, then into panko, pressing panko into fish.
    Place fish on cookie sheet, after all fish is coated, spray fish with cooking spray.
    Bake for approximately 15 minutes until coating is nicely browned and fish flakes easily.

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Like this;
    l9kbt.jpg
  • seth479
    seth479 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Most fish like tilapia and cod I'll make in to fish tacos. I got the recipe from a friend but this is what I do.

Fish - Cod or Tilapia
    Pico de gallo - I usually buy the premade container at Wal*Mart or 2 containers at Kroger
    1 tbsp of Hellmans mayonnaise
    1 lime, only the juice.

I'll put Webers Boston Bay and Zesty Lemon seasoning on the fish, bake or grill it. Then shred the fish up and and serve on a corn tortilla with some of the pico de gallo mixture.

I was never a fan of fish tacos until I tried these ones. Pretty awesome.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine "boring" salt pepper and butter. Always.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    With chips and mushy peas?
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Rolled in egg then almond meal mixed with spices of choice. Then baked.
  • freedomlass
    freedomlass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like making a Cod Chowder, in fact that's what I am having for dinner tonight it makes a very good helping, it's freezable too so making some in advance is great, it very healthy too and less than 400 cals.
    Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan then add 2oz diced Carrot, 2oz chopped Onion, 1oz chopped Celery, heat gently to soften stir frequently for a few mins to stop it from sticking to the pan, next add 4oz diced potato cover the pan with a lid on a low/med heat and cook for 10/15 mins, now crumble in 1 vegetable stock cube and add enough boiling water to just cover the vegetables then add 4oz cod fillet cut into small cubes and either 2oz of sweetcorn or 2oz peas which ever you prefer, bring to the boil and simmer for 15mins, next add 4fl oz semi skimmed milk return to a simmer, if you prefer a smoother soup you can blend at this stage then return to the pan and simmer gently for about another 5mins, just before serving add a chopped tomato and some fresh chopped chives. You can use dried chives but add these earlier in the preparation.
    Nutritional Info approx 351 cal, 28.5g Protein, 39.6g Carbs, 9g fat.
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    gagnon9691 wrote: »
    Zatarans, like the rice?
    _John_ wrote: »
    coated in zatarans and then in peanut oil at 350*.

Probably referencing their Creole or Cajun coating...I'll use that myself...I generally pan fry cod like the reference above....
  • chaithraalex
    chaithraalex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh I love all white fish and I eat it all the time when I'm trying to have a healthy low cal but delicious meal or very quick and easy meal.

I put heaps of lemon pepper seasoning, spray a tiny bit of olive oil in the pan and eat with salad, veges or healthy multicolour coleslaw (with a homemade thai dressing - lime, chilli, a few drops of fish sauce, soy sauce and a pinch of brown sugar)

Or I cut it up, throw in some mexican seasoning and use the fish to make a mexican fish taco bowl (without the carb taco!), pack it full of corn, 4 leaf salad mix, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, jalopenos, red onion. I'll dress it with coriander leaves, lime and hot salsa. YUM, I want some now
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    gagnon9691 wrote: »
    Zatarans, like the rice?

They definitely make more than rice. LOL. :)

http://www.mccormick.com/Zatarains/Products/Spices-and-Seasonings/Spices-and-Extracts
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Baked with onions, tomatoes, capers, lemon and olive oil
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Throw over a couple of handfuls of halved cherry tomatoes, some slices black olives, capers, a splash of white wine and bake is a Pyrex pan. As you wish, you can dot on some butter or a drizzle of olive oil, but we can get a nice sun-dried tomato pesto. A little blob on the cod ups the flavour. My son loves this with mashed potatoes but I like it with rice. Another good way is just to blob it with some regular basil pesto and bake. Serve with lemon. Don't overcook: When you think it might need just a few more minutes, it is likely time to take it out of the oven.
  • alienbabyjen
    alienbabyjen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted) mixed with the juice of 1 whole lemon. Mix in a large amount of minced garlic, I use the jarred kind. Spread on the cod. I use the 1 lb frozen fillet bags from Meijer. Then generously cover in chili powder and onion powder. Bake at 350 for 20 mins or so. Serve with veggies of various types or salad. Reheats wonderfully, my boyfriend loves it. I make this on Sundays while I do my weekly prep, and we eat it Monday & Tuesday nights so I don't have to cook again those nights. I use the same recipe with tilapia.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a fan, so I keep it simple. Not much anyone can do to it makes it taste better than 'this is pretty decent' to me. It makes a good relatively cheap, easy, low cal protein and that's the only reason I eat it at all.

I usually just sprinkle some Penzey's Paris Blend and some Brady Street cheese blend and bake.

Then I either serve it with something I find much tastier, like the eggplant parmesan and meatballs I had for lunch today, or, I serve it with steamed veg because I have very few cals remaining and it's is my go-to 'oh crap, I only have 200 cals left' meal.
  • debbysatit
    debbysatit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I thaw mine in milk. Pat dry with paper towel . Then salt,pepper, and paprika. Place on
    baking sheet with parchment paper.
    Top with panko bread crumbs, parsley, and a little melted butter.
    Bake at 425 for 20-25min, till flakes with a fork.
    Kind of like a fish fry but less calories!