Looking for friends with 1200 calories

Options
I think I am going to have trouble eating only 1200 calories in one day....thought I would ask some of you for help and see how you make it work!

Thanks!

: )

Replies

• melissal6602
    Options
    I have 1200 calorie limit and would love to have a friend that have the same to get ideas from and encouragement. Add me!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My goal is higher, but I find the opposite problem , I have more trouble eating at least 1200.
    Since I changed my habits when it comes to food, I find myself full far before I get close to the 1200 calorie mark.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    exercise then eat the calories you earned :smile:
  • Sindy71
    Sindy71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is the website suggesting that you only eat 1200 daily?
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    ugh...me, too! My limit is 1290. Ugh.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The more you exercise, the more calories are added back to your daily allowance.....and yes, you should eat at least half of the exercise calories back. :flowerforyou:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200cal/day but now I've increased it to 1300 because I'm working out so much. It's not too hard when you make healthy choices. Check out my food diary (if you don't have access, just friend me - I have no idea what my settings are). Just keep your meals around 300-400 calories, closer to 300 if you have snacks in between.

Remember: When hungry, drink water first, then re-evaluate. If still hungry, eat something.
    Fiber fills you up - get some whole grains in that diet!
    It takes 25-30 minutes to eat a large salad - how long is your lunch break?!?
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm vertically-challenged and so I'm set at 1200/day, and need to exercise on top of that to lose. If you stick to lots of fresh veggies and fruits, and lean proteins, with a few treats thrown in (I love my Skinny Cow ice cream dessert every day) it's actually pretty easy to stay close to 1200. But you really have to avoid junk.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    me too! You might be surprised once you start tracking your food that 1200 is pretty ok. Most days I am not even hungry and look for ways to get my 1200 in.
  • sexynasmrt1
    sexynasmrt1 Posts: 47
    Options
    600 for me 200 for breakfast 200 for lunch and 200 for dinner

SW 245 1/17/11
    CW 230 5/10/11
    GW 130
  • yogajan
    yogajan Posts: 9
    Options
    I am a great believer in weighing your food, especially poultry, meat and fish. That way I can get a better idea of how much I can really eat. Now that most food is labeled with calories, it is easier than it used to be.
  • ariker84
    ariker84 Posts: 3
    Options
    Lucky : ) I think I will get that way, but I have to get used to eating on a "budget" now!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder that 1200 is the lower limit - recommended by health experts as the minimum for the average woman to receive adequate nutrition. But that doesn't mean 1200 is the right cal level for you (a general you) at your height, weight, age, etc. MFP is a "dumb" tool - even if you shouldn't be trying for a certain goal because of how much you have to lose, it will still try to help you get there. So make sure you're at the right deficit for YOU. May help to read these threads that discuss how to determine a healthy, realistic goal/deficit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits
  • cterjeson
    cterjeson Posts: 3
    Options
    I stay under/close to 1200 a day. On the weekends I am usually under 1200, just because we have no food in our house and we live so far out in the country its a waste to drive :) When I dieted last summer, I thought I'd have trouble staying under 1200, but totally didn't! Good luck, we're in the same boat! I'd love to help support :)
  • notOpel
    notOpel Posts: 46
    Options
    1200, here. I'm new to the site but so far I've been under every day. I update my blog daily and often have food suggestions, so feel free to add! Good luck with your goals!
  • nydoll911
    nydoll911 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also pretty new to the site but I'm at 1200 also. I'm finding new things daily but one of my favorite things for breakfast is the liquid egg whites with turkey bacon for 2 servings of eggs and 2 slices of bacon it's only 90 calories! Plus I really like the 100 cal packs and baked chips.
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm a month in and it has gotten much easier. I've also learned to cut a little bit into my exercise calories and exercise really hard if want go way over :happy:

You can add me if you like :wink: my diary is open to view for friends. Good Luck! You can do it!
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This post is for the person who has limited themselves to 600 calories a day.

When you don't eat enough calories your metabolism slows down. (That means that your body will not burn calories at the same rate as if you reset your metabolism back to normal.) You will still lose weight with fewer calories but you are doing this the hard way. If you lose all of your weight at such a drastically reduced caloric intake it is not only going to take so much longer than it has to but when you go on a caloric intake for maintenance your body will suck up all the extra calories and save as much as it can. This is serious, please find out how to reset your metabolism if you've been dieting like this for very long.

(I too am on the 1200 calorie limit but exercise allows me to go over that yet stay on track for my weight loss goals.)

5465113.png
  • rosa7512wbt
    rosa7512wbt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat only 1200 calories, which includes 300 calories per meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner. then 300calories for snacks/drinks for the day. I generally exercise before breakfast, and then when I come home I eat breakfast. It will take your body a little while to adjust as it is used to being overfed. Good luck, and if you need any help just ask me. I have just finished the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation program. She is one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser here in Australia, and I had the finale on Saturday night, and I came 2nd for losing the 2nd most amount of body fat %.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm on 1200 too, and at first it was SUPER strange to get used to it, until I started adding more protein and fiber into the mix::

Breakfast: greek yogurt non fat, 2 hard-boiled eggs, and an apple. (On days when I don't do the eggs, I do cereal with rice milk).
    Lunch: Sushi (when I've got the extra cash) or a protein shake, or I'll half a burrito from the place down the street.
    Dinner: Meat and veggies, sometimes some quinoa or cous cous on the side.

The key is to eat things that keep you full. The apples and the protein shake (I buy the Muscle Milk 11oz Vanilla Lactose Free one, that's like 170 calories) and the eggs in the morning -- throw those in, and you're pretty much set for the feeling full thing. IMO, at least!