1200 calorie people -- favorite meals and snacks?!

Options
I have a hard time staying full between meals and I usually have an intake of 1600 a day. I am new to this but it seems awfully hard to find satisfying meals. What are some of your favorite/most filling meals?

Replies

• MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, brussel sprouts ect..
    Pretty much protein with a ton of veggies.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how you divide your cals through the day. I usually use over half my cals of the day on dinner because this is sustainable for me. A lot of other ppl don't like doing that. My breakfast and lunch are between 160-350 typically. So my dinners a very satisfying because I eat a big dinner.
  • Sarahsteed92
    Sarahsteed92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Artic zero ice cream
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals involves shrimp, onions, green peppers (or broccoli), and sometimes mushrooms steamed with garlic (or garlic powder) and served over polenta or brown rice. Add a small salad on the side, served with a vinaigrette dressing, and it pretty much ticks all the boxes.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals involves shrimp, onions, green peppers (or broccoli), and sometimes mushrooms steamed with garlic (or garlic powder) and served over polenta or brown rice. Add a small salad on the side, served with a vinaigrette dressing, and it pretty much ticks all the boxes.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Morning Star chick patty on a 100 calorie bun with a slice of cheese. Mustard, no mayo. I pair that with one serving of pretzel crisps. It's very filling and a common lunch for me.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    chocolate almond milk latte.
  • YokiLenko
    YokiLenko Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like eating carrots with peanut butter (or without) and cheese sticks. For meals I usually have salads with the dressing on the side to control it a little better and chicken for protein which fills you up.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelets loaded with veggies and topped with salsa. Satisfying and low cal breakfast. I usually get egg beaters so that nothing is wasted. Yolks aren't bad. I just have high cholesterol....

Fish, chicken, pork tenderloin - any lean meats.

Roasted, baked, steamed or grilled veggies always awesome! No frying. No heavy oils. Nonstick spray is my friend!

Snacks - normally two snacks. One is a fresh fruit. The other is yogurt for protein. My favorite snack in summer is fresh sliced cucumbers.

I try to balance my dinner to include protein, vegetable and a starch.

• Gail_ish
    Gail_ish Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My new favourite treat: freeze a banana (120 cal) + 1 tbsp. of baking cocoa (20 cal). Blend in the food processor - it makes the most decadent chocolate ice cream! And if you can't wait to freeze it, then just put it through as is and call it pudding :)
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I second the egg whites with veggies. I made little egg white bites in muffin tins and had breakfast for a few days of just those.
  • jkbazemore
    jkbazemore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gail_ish wrote: »
    My new favourite treat: freeze a banana (120 cal) + 1 tbsp. of baking cocoa (20 cal). Blend in the food processor - it makes the most decadent chocolate ice cream! And if you can't wait to freeze it, then just put it through as is and call it pudding :)
    Gail_ish wrote: »

• jkbazemore
    jkbazemore Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Banana & cocoa ice cream sounds great. Thanks for to idea.
  • samanthan144
    Options
    If you have a costco near you they have really good salmon burgers that are local high protein. Also drinking a lot of water helps. Oh and gummy vitamins.. If you take a multi vitamin just get the gummy version and eat it as your snack.. Hope maybe this helps..
    PS rice is a good filler too
  • genesis8713
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs...keep me full and green tea suppresses the appetite
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Tuna and Mini-Bell peppers are a favorite snack of mine.

Baked Chicken and Rice is a huge staple as well.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've been eating more eggwhites in a mug with veggies, some ham and a bit of cheese. Good and not too high in calories if you're using 1/2 an ounce of cheese.
    I love the whole egg too, but I'll probably have to price out life insurance in the next couple months and total cholesterol has a big impact on price.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Taco pizza. Whole wheat crust, 4 oz taco meat, 1 1/2 oz 2%milk mexican cheese and picante sauce.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    cooked apple with cinnamon
    1 oz peanuts, when I need protein
    boiled egg
    baby carrots
    plain nonfat yogurt.... I add sweetener and flavor extracts
    homemade whole wheat bread roll
    1 oz cheese
    strawberries
    cantaloupe
    PB2 in place of regular, fatty peanut butter
    sweet potato
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I drink a smoothie or eat a bagel thin with cream cheese.

I eat a lot of tuna out of the pouch for lunch. Sometimes I eat it plain sometimes with mayo but my favorite is with flavored cream cheese. I eat it with any kind whole grain cracker or wheat bread. I also like to eat it on flatouts or "Joseph's" flax oat bran and whole wheat pita bread.

I, like others, save a lot of my calories for dinner because that is my biggest meal of the day since I have to cook for the whole family. But I still try to eat rice, mixed veggies, roasted veggies and we go through a lot of cottage cheese.

I still snack throughout the day on fruit or nuts (my favorite nuts are Blue Diamond Cocoa Roasted Almonds). I also really like fruit (pineapples or peaches mostly) with cottage cheese and a tablespoon of flax seed.