Your go to meal/Snack that tastes like a cheat but is actually not bad?

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    m m m m m m.....chocolate covered strawberries. . ..and yogurt with fresh fruit. .. . .and Talenti(almost any flavor). . . .and pizza. . . . .and . . . .wine. . . .and beer. . . ..and -_- just about anything I really want.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    m m m m m m.....chocolate covered strawberries. . ..and yogurt with fresh fruit. .. . .and Talenti(almost any flavor). . . .and pizza. . . . .and . . . .wine. . . .and beer. . . ..and -_- just about anything I really want.
    mmmm beer. I don't drink much beer anymore, but MAN is it tasty on a hot day.
    It's very Shawshank.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    It's very Shawshank.

True, but the whole gift tax thing would have me thrown off the roof. That and hamstringing. . . .
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash Chicken Broccoli Alfredo. Crap ton of food for very little calories.

Also I made my own pizza last night - even made the sauce - for 1/3 of a sheet pan I ate tons for less than 500 calories.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    talenti gelato

And that's why we're friends.

Alas, I shall join thee in partaking of Talenti gelato cultdom...! ;)

< ...tiptoes away, to quietly sit with some Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip... >

< ...while blocking view of the Sicilian Pistachio that is queued up next... >

< ...and trying not to think of the Mediterranean Mint she wishes she'd bought... >
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I make a chocolate protein shake with almond milk and freeze it. Its about 100/120 calories but takes me about an hour to eat and is so delicious

Do you eat it with a spoon or do you make like a fudgicle out of it. It sounds incredible.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It's very Shawshank.

True, but the whole gift tax thing would have me thrown off the roof. That and hamstringing. . . .

It just has to be handled with finesse.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I bought a yonanas at walmart to make frozen fruit into " ice cream" it comes with a bunch of recipes. It is really good.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Triple meat chipotle burrito bowl.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    If you're craving some desserts, check out amyshealthybaking.com she's got a lot of good recipes that won't make you feel guilty
  • goldpurple
    goldpurple Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    apples and dates. tastes like candy apples!
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Straight up chocolate almond butter. lol.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    BBQ Pop Chips. Get in my mouth.
  • Dakinirawk
    Dakinirawk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dole makes banana slices covered in dark chocolate that have 100 calories in a pack. When I want something sweet, that usually takes care of it. I also like the So Delicious No Sugar Added Chocolate Ice Cream. Way less sugar/calories than the regular kind. I put the little container in the microwave to soften it, scoop out 1/2 cup into a small bowl, and it tastes like a Wendy's Frosty (or at least how I remember those to taste, keep in mind that I've been off dairy for many years. lol). I'm severely intolerant to dairy, so those are my two "treats."

For alcoholic drinks that are lower in calorie than wine and beer, I do the Three Olives Fruit Loop flavored vodka mixed with sparkling water and lime. Believe it or not, my friend's trainer recommended it. Less calories than other drinks. Very tasty and refreshing.
  • Megoondas
    Megoondas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has mentioned PB2 (powdered peanut butter). You can add the powder to a protein drink, or mix it with water to make a paste. All the PB flavor, far less fat. I mix it with yogurt and add some mini chocolate chips to it; it's almost like a peanut butter pie. They also have a chocolate PB2 that I haven't tried, but I'm sure it's good.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Frozen or fresh cherries. Persimmons. Mango! About the persimmons, they've gotten me away from temptation too many times to name... were very helpful for me when I struggled with bulimia especially.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    oh and bagels, cookies, candy bars, etc....as long as they fit into my daily targets
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Dakinirawk wrote: »
    Dole makes banana slices covered in dark chocolate that have 100 calories in a pack. When I want something sweet, that usually takes care of it. I also like the So Delicious No Sugar Added Chocolate Ice Cream. Way less sugar/calories than the regular kind. I put the little container in the microwave to soften it, scoop out 1/2 cup into a small bowl, and it tastes like a Wendy's Frosty (or at least how I remember those to taste, keep in mind that I've been off dairy for many years. lol). I'm severely intolerant to dairy, so those are my two "treats."

For alcoholic drinks that are lower in calorie than wine and beer, I do the Three Olives Fruit Loop flavored vodka mixed with sparkling water and lime. Believe it or not, my friend's trainer recommended it. Less calories than other drinks. Very tasty and refreshing.

Well, now there are some words I never thought I'd see together! Fruit Loop vodka. Is it terribly sweet? I prefer citrus drinks, but since you said it was refreshing I had to ask. I generally go through the drive-through at the liquor store and I think I'd feel a bit weird asking for Fruit Loop vodka.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something sweet I'll have a little bit of 2% Fage green yogurt with maple syrup mixed in. Way too many carbs and sugar for me, but the good thing is just a tiny bit cures the craving.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.