1200 calorie people -- favorite meals and snacks?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ramireztra41
    Options
    I have a hard time staying full between meals and I usually have an intake of 1600 a day. I am new to this but it seems awfully hard to find satisfying meals. What are some of your favorite/most filling meals?

Do not try to cut down to 1200 cal all at once you need to work your self down. Make it a goal to cut out 100 calories a week until you get to the 1200 cal a day mark. Increase your protein. Protein helps you to feel full longer. Try eating more whole foods (Foods as close to their natural state as possible). We started eating a fresh fruit and veggie with every meal as our fillers. Here are a couple ideas that are on my menu this week BBQ chicken, Parmesan Pork chops, Turkey burgers.
  • csb66
    csb66 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hummus and broccoli, cucumber slices 1 cup, delicious! Although my intake is 1380 a day, I still stay pretty full, and of course lot of water!
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard at first too! Now I fill up on the following foods which are really low in calories and add them to my meals or as snacks to keep me full:
    Steamed veggies: usually 30-60 cals a cup
    Egg whites (you can add veg and make an omelette): usually around 15 cals
    Gnc whey protein chocolate: 100 cals a scoop and I blend it with almond milk unsweetened (30 cals) and ice, tastes like a chocolate shake and only 130 cals! I drink 1-2 a day to keep me full!
    Pickles I munch on when I'm not hungry but feel like snacking: 5 cals
    80 calorie greek yogurt in dessert flavors like choc raspberry or banana cream are really good! I think they're Dannon brand

Hope this helps!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Gail_ish wrote: »
    My new favourite treat: freeze a banana (120 cal) + 1 tbsp. of baking cocoa (20 cal). Blend in the food processor - it makes the most decadent chocolate ice cream! And if you can't wait to freeze it, then just put it through as is and call it pudding :)

Oh man, I am SOOO going to have to try this! I even have a few bananas now! Time to get freezing! Thanks for the idea!
  • DeboraW_55
    DeboraW_55 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Talapia, green beans, baked French fries homemade.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I tend to have most of my calories at dinner as well. I usually have a large cup of coffee and a Fiber One brownie or protein bar for breakfast, something small like homemade chicken and rice soup (252 cal for 2 c.), or a P3 and Fiber One brownie/protein bar for lunch, and the rest (or most of the rest) of my calories on a low-carb dinner. Lots of chicken breast and veggies, and lots of water before meals. A lot of time, when you feel hungry, you are actually just thirsty and your brain relays hunger and thirst as close to the same sensation.
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm another in the most of the calories are supper category. Here's my weekday/workday food schedule

Breakfast - 250 calories (bowl of oatmeal and a cup of skim milk)

Lunch - 325-375 calories (TV Dinner and a piece of fruit)

Supper - Varies more than the previous two. Almost always are they half a plate of steamed or roasted vegetables, 4oz of meat and between a half a cup and a cup of brown rice/potatoes etc.

For the meats its baked chicken breast, turkey meatloaf, extra lean ground beef meatloaf, pork tenderloin, eye of round steak etc.

Veggies run to cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, beets, peas, carrots or corn or more often, two or more of the above trying to match 'starchy' vegetables with healthier ones.

On days I exercise I up the portion sizes a bit more on supper, and add an evening snack of carrots/peas, hummus and feta cheese
  • vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention my 'treat' snack. Some nights I have a big bowl of popcorn with butter, or a bowl of frozen yogurt.