How to you loose weight with no friends?

Options
102333vr
102333vr Posts: 7 Member
The lack of friends, supporting friends, gets me a bit down and turn to comfort food because of that. What should i do? :\

Replies

• lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You should send me a friend request !! I will help motivate you !! :D
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request. Lots of people on MFP willing to be friends and help.
  • 102333vr
    Options
    Awww thanks guys :D
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    are you talking about on here or in real life?
  • AmandaRose884
    AmandaRose884 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ADD ME!!! I'm looking for MFP friends, I'M new to all this so I don't have any friends on here yet =(
  • 102333vr
    Options
    Im talking about both... But yes real life. Any friend is nice right now
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    102333vr wrote: »
    The lack of friends, supporting friends, gets me a bit down and turn to comfort food because of that. What should i do? :\

I don't have no ( real in my consideration) friends but I am still 45 kg ( i have lost almost10 kg in the past 2-3 months).... there is absolutely no connection between having friends and losing weigh in my opinion. You can never be lonely if you love the person youare alone with ! :P ( Btw you can add me asa friend if u need support tho :) )
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I will friend you :D
  • Never_Quit32
    Never_Quit32 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In real life it depends, having friends and the social aspect is the reason that some still stick with weight watchers. Your alternative is friends on here. Your best friend , the one that sticks with you and pushes you through is yourself though so you need to take good care of yourself and to an extent be your own cheerleader. Give it time and you will get plenty of friend requests or join one of those challenges lose xlbs by next week groups as they seem lively.
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    but still the biggest motivation should be you, you shouldn't wait others to motivate you
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    for real life you may have luck with meetup dot com. They will probably have a weight loss group in your area. There's stuff like book clubs, whatever. Good way to meet ppl IRL to go walking with or whatever.
  • larepolla
    Options
    Add me, I can cheer you up
  • mrsmiley32
    mrsmiley32 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To answer your question: "By doing this for YOU not anyone else!". Same things we tell drug addicts, the only time you will be ready to quit is when you are doing it for you and no one else.

I personally feel having friends on MFP drives me to lie more than succeed (each person is different) but I have no reason to lose weight except for my own personal benefit. I'm not running away from anyone, I love my wife, I sit for a living, I'm a smoker which will probably kill me before obesity does, no gain what so ever except a feeling of accomplishment. No reason to sneak and hide things from people looking in on me (and no reason to hide my fluctuations up and down).

This is one of those to each there own and different things motivate different people but at least on the drug side (food is a drug) we have learned that you have to be doing it for yourself to stay clean and make a permanent change. That is also why heroin has a 90% relapse rate.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes, as someone else said, there is no real connection between weight loss and friends. Friens can actually hold you back. Do this for yourself and no one else. If you are feeling lonely, that may cause you to turn to food for comfort. You should turn to fitness instead. I joined a CrossFit gym 2 years ago and have made many supportive friends whose goals are similiar. Surround yourself with people who bring you up, not down. As you gain confidence, people will become drawn to you :)

it could be anything you enjoy, yoga, spinning, pilates, boot camps!
  • 102333vr
    Options
    Very true... Im glad im hearing this
  • Katerina9408
    Options
    It is kind of strange but the more I start to feel confident about myself the less I care how many friends I have and who likes me or not....
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've never really found real life friends to be overly helpful for weight loss. For awhile I had a friend who would go walking with me, but she didn't go overly often. When I was ready to start jogging, she was still struggling with walking. Then, she would want to go to Dunkin Donuts for coffee afterwards. Or Mcdonalds for breakfast and we simply hadn't burned enough calories to justify it. I mean, it was still nice to have a friend involved, but, honestly weight loss comes from you, not from friends. They can't do it for you.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Actually I found it easier. I had a group of friends that cut me off, it was very upsetting at first, but I used it focus on me and now I realized it was the best thing for me to get away from them. I joined a professional women's group I found on Meetup.com. Though I wouldn't call them "close", when we are together we have a fabulous time and I can decide what activities to do when I want. I bet you can find a group that suits your needs through your local Meetup.com.