Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• Calidaho
    Calidaho Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato spears in the produce section.
    Grilled chicken burger patties made with thigh meat.
    Canned artichoke hearts.
    Chicken Asada pizza.
    Caribbean Fruit Floes--80 cals each.
    Melage a Trois frozen bell pepper strips.
    Frozen grilled Just Chicken.
    Sundried tomato hummus
    Organic Conacado Fair Trade hot cocoa
    Dark chocolate wedges
    Their mayo is the best--wish it came in smaller jars since I only use a tiny bit once in a while.
    Their corn bread mix is soooo yummy. Definitely a rare treat, though.
    Their whole wheat pastas are good
    Frozen brown rice. Three bags per box. Microwaves in 3 minutes
    Frozen chopped spinach. It is loose instead of a block. I throw a few handfuls in with my marinara sauce for some extra veggies.
    Frozen Harcourt Verte. Very tasty for a frozen bean
    Their vegetarian corn dogs are so good.
    Fat free balsamic vinaigrette--25 cals for 2 tbsp and it doesn't taste like nasty fat free dressing.
    Their flowers. Hubby brought home some daisies that lasted almost 3 weeks!

I pretty much do all of my shopping there (except for Flatout wraps, sandwich thins, truvia and sugar free popsicles and jello). They even sell Luna bars for 99 cents. I buy my protein shake powder there. Their frozen fruit selection is priced well. Cheeses are always cheaper--light string cheese, parm and other light shredded cheeses. I buy a lot of their frozen fish. $5 for two tuna steaks that I can keep in the freezer til I need them. I prefer their cottage cheese to the Knudsen brand found in the regular grocery store.
  • wildchild_jmr
    Options
    Both are in their freezer section: quinoa with zucchini and sweet potato; marinated grilled eggplant and zucchini. Yum!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My favorite is trader joe's roasted red pepper hummus with baby carrots.
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Their Fat Free Feta is amazing, and I love their whole wheat pastas. The frozen mango is off the hook...I eat it right out of the bag...it's like chunks of sorbet. YUM! TJ's plain Kefir is so good, and I love to use their Salsa Verde with broth as a soup base. Just throw in beans, corn, veggies...instant tortilla soup.
  • yogajan
    yogajan Posts: 9
    Options
    I love TJs and do almost all of my grocery shopping there. Except for fruits and veggies that I get at the Farmer's Market, I get just about everything else at Traders. I have been liking their wraps, their frozen talipia, and their fresh salsa. A hint from a friend--every time you go there, get something new and different. It is a fun thing to do and has expanded my food horizons outside of my comfort level.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    best prices BY FAR on Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and also Basalmic Vinegar. So good, and half the price of anywhere else I have found... Love TJ's
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    OMG! This is my FAVORITE STORE!! I shop there all the time!! Here are some of my favs

Roasted and Sliced Turkey Breast (the kind in the black tray)
    Roasted and Sliced Chicken Breast (the kind in the black tray)
    Roasted Garlic Hummus
    Mini Goat Cheeses
    Reduced Fat Cheddar Sticks
    Casava Chips
    Fat Free Balamic Ving
    Organic Marinara Sauce
    Organic Whole Wheat Pastas
    Frozen Steel Cut Oatmeal
    Organic Animal Crackers
    Frozen Mushroom Risotto
    Frozen Turkey Meatballs
    Frozen Asparagus Spears
    Fire Roasted Red Peppers
    Mini "Hold the Cone" Choc Ice Cream Cones (NEW! onlyh 70 cals a piece)
    All their fruits and veggies (watermelon, strawberries, blackberries..etc...)

As you can see, I love this place!! I am sure that I have tons more. It is the best adn the prices are good too!! :bigsmile:
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bump. I love Trader Joe's!

I like their Savory Thin Mini Rice Crackers in Multiseed with Soy Sauce, 35 of them for 110 calories. :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I saw they now have multi-grain Trader O's cereal..I didn't get any because I have some of the regular O's left, but thought it was interesting.

I have the organic whole grain Trader O's cereal, one of the few things I didn't like from TJ's. Feels like trying to chew rocks!
  • Felicia71
    Felicia71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My fav is the Roasted Red Pepper Soup. So yummy, only a 100 calories for 1 cup. It's the best I've ever had.
  • kelhchap
    kelhchap Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For a special, different breakfast I love their brand Potato Pancakes and Tofutti Mintz's Blintzes. The TJ low fat frozen spinach pie is also good.
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Bumping this I am gong to TJ's later this week and mine is about an hour or so away so when I do go I just get staples aka the meat ...never actually got any of these other things and yeah I am going to be making a list yall rock
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I haven't really taken the time to really explore a TJ, but I was planning on it so your lists are a great help.
  • gailygail99
    Options
    Their Fat Free Feta is amazing, and I love their whole wheat pastas. The frozen mango is off the hook...I eat it right out of the bag...it's like chunks of sorbet. YUM! TJ's plain Kefir is so good, and I love to use their Salsa Verde with broth as a soup base. Just throw in beans, corn, veggies...instant tortilla soup.

i never saw fat free feta. i will look this week. thanks!
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The feta cheese is amazing! I completely forgot about that.

I also got some low carb whole wheat tortillas, alfredo sauce (I cut it with water, add in the 21 spice salute, garlic, onion, mushrooms and at the end put in a ton of fresh spinach and serve over spaghetti squash). I also love the fat free sesame dressing, frozen garlic cubes and basil cubes (great for popping out and adding to dishes). I bumped another post for Hot and Sweet Mustard...everyone sand praises about this, but I have yet to find it.

I need to start a TJ's staple list so that I won't forget the yummy stuff to get!
  • gailygail99
    Options
    i am going to check out the fat free feta for sure, but i bet it has alot of salt in it. i will see. i have their Dijon Mustard. it is so spicy it will burn your face off!! but i like it anyway, only 5 cals for 1 tsp and i can barely stand that much on my sandwich!! i have seen their egg white salad before but never tried it, might have to give that a try this week too. this was a great post, thanks!!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know you already went, but since some people are "bump"ing, I have to add that I love their savory rice crackers (the multiseed ones) AND their guiltless (maybe called sinless? -free?) mac & cheese- SO good and I am hard to please when it comes to store-made!
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their Thai Chili and Lime cashews!!!! The best snack EVER!
  • Sunjenk
    Sunjenk Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    they have these chipotle lime tortillas, mmmm
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump