Starting "Body by Vi" tomorrow!!! :D

Options
infinity0nhigh
infinity0nhigh Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone tried it?
If so, were you happy with your results?
Also, if anyone is using it now, what different recipes have you tried?

*i'm always looking to meet more people on here! feel free to add me!

Replies

• Lashondarice
    Lashondarice Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses it and has great results with working out. I ordered mine as well and can't wait until it arrives. Due to knee surgery I can only do core workouts :(
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Sorry, OP, but with a history of eating disorders, surely it would be better to concentrate on eating a balanced, healthy diet rather than leaning on gimmicky shakes?
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. Are you going to drink shakes the rest of your life?
  • infinity0nhigh
    Options
    wow.
    the negativity is a little ridiculous, guys...
    i eat right and i exercise every day! i eat 1200 calories a day, and use this in my breakfast meals only.
    and for the record, so far the body by vi has been successful and im still rocking a healthy 141 pounds.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I used their products a few years ago, I was having one shake a day at breakfast, then eating real food for lunch, dinner & snacks. I did lose about 10 pounds, but that was because I was watching my overall calorie intake- not because the shakes are magic ;) . I do like the taste of them & they're lactose free so that was a bonus for me.

As for a recipe, it might not sound like it, but adding peanut butter & strawberry jam is good (but sweet). Cocoa powder and a banana are good additions too.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tried them, did you know 21 out of the 23 ingredients are synthetic? It gave me headaches from all the artificial sweeteners and I did lose around 10 lbs in 2 months but felt awful and it screwed with my digestive tract. You're better off making a smoothie out of real food if you want to go that route.
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried it?

i did it.
    twice.

2 challenges and that was it... i wanted real food.

The concept of caloric reduction can be effective however I now choose to enlighten myself and eat real foods and correct quantities for my activity level which still allows me to lose/gain etc.

Try it if you must and best of luck: but real food and macros/micros/fiber/water is where its at alongside CICO etc. :)

I usually tell most this, use those concepts of CICO and find what Vi is really giving you and see if you can duplicate it cheaper with foods you like rather than shakes because after a while, they will get old and I'm a fan of mastication *insert monkey face holding over mouth emoji*
  • infinity0nhigh
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I used their products a few years ago, I was having one shake a day at breakfast, then eating real food for lunch, dinner & snacks. I did lose about 10 pounds, but that was because I was watching my overall calorie intake- not because the shakes are magic ;) . I do like the taste of them & they're lactose free so that was a bonus for me.

As for a recipe, it might not sound like it, but adding peanut butter & strawberry jam is good (but sweet). Cocoa powder and a banana are good additions too.

true that! there is no "miracle" weight loss, i still go to the gym daily, and eat clean! but i feel like it has sped up my weight loss since i started it! which im happy about. thank you for your recipe ideas! like a peanut butter jelly shake...i'd try it!
  • infinity0nhigh
    Options
    I tried them, did you know 21 out of the 23 ingredients are synthetic? It gave me headaches from all the artificial sweeteners and I did lose around 10 lbs in 2 months but felt awful and it screwed with my digestive tract. You're better off making a smoothie out of real food if you want to go that route.

i actually did not know that! wow that is definitely interesting...i haven't had any headaches or anything, but i'll be sure to look out for that! clean eating is the best route, but summer is approaching & i want to lose weight a little faster so i decided to give it a go! lol
  • infinity0nhigh
    Options
    Has anyone tried it?

i did it.
    twice.

2 challenges and that was it... i wanted real food.

The concept of caloric reduction can be effective however I now choose to enlighten myself and eat real foods and correct quantities for my activity level which still allows me to lose/gain etc.

Try it if you must and best of luck: but real food and macros/micros/fiber/water is where its at alongside CICO etc. :)

I usually tell most this, use those concepts of CICO and find what Vi is really giving you and see if you can duplicate it cheaper with foods you like rather than shakes because after a while, they will get old and I'm a fan of mastication *insert monkey face holding over mouth emoji*

i use it in my breakfast- 2 scoops vi shape, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup strawberries! absolutely delicious! then i eat lunch and dinner like normal (still clean eating & staying under 1200 cals) and making sure i exercise daily! i dont feel like im depriving myself when i use it, because i enjoy the way my shake tastes :P thank you for sharing that info with me!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    might want to read this. I'd say save your money but it is your money
    http://graemethomasonline.com/body-by-vi-review-is-visalus-a-scam/

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    wow.
    the negativity is a little ridiculous, guys...
    i eat right and i exercise every day! i eat 1200 calories a day, and use this in my breakfast meals only.
    and for the record, so far the body by vi has been successful and im still rocking a healthy 141 pounds.

Wait wait. So body by vi has been successful, in 4 days? Because you've been on it 4 days. Is that enough time to determine it's successful?

Don't forget about maintaining on 1200 calories either.....