Earphones around £50

Options
hi all,

I know this question has probably been asked before. However I'm at work and have no time to search through all of the posts.

I am sick and tired of my earphones falling out when I'm running.

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of in ear headphones for use with a iPhone 6 for around £50?

I'd be most grateful.

I've trawled the internet looking up so much info but it is all conflicting.

I wish the Sony noise cancelling earphones I got with my Xperia phone worked with my iPhone but they don't.

The apple ones suck and fall out constantly!

Thanks

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    The best I found were Monster isport strive earbuds. The have the inline phone controls and work perfectly with my iPhone 5S. They cost about $70 USD.
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's one I was looking at actually...nice to hear someone who rates them. Did you find them easy to fit in your ear with their unusual shape?
  • scottb81
    Options
    They come with interchangeable small medium and large rubber earpieces. Actually, they were kind of hard to get in at first but after a couple of days I learned the technique and they pop in very easily. For me the medium fits very securely and will not fall out on its own under any circumstances. When I first started using them they seemed to make my ear a little sore after a couple of hours but that feeling has since gone away. They now feel fairly comfortable.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of JBL's that I got from a Groupon, they are earbuds but they have clips that go over your ear to hold them in, and they came with different size softcaps for the earbuds themselves to make them fit comfortably into the ear.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much money that is, but the best earphone I've found, are -

yurbuds - decent sound, good build quality, very secure in ear

Yurbuds-Ironman-Performance-Raising-Headphones-052677.jpeg

SOL relays - excellent sound for an earbud, good security in ear (second only to the yurbuds), build quality seems good, though I haven't had them long enough to say for sure

74c5b8bdac54d7a7c649663147f2621e1.png

old school sony's or similar - they are what htey are, but they never fall out and are cheap.

img
  • boredfatman
    boredfatman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that's a couple more interesting options to consider.

I still can't make my mind up!!

Cheers

BFM
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Here's a couple that are generally widely available...I find in-ear monitors to be the most resistant to falling out while running.

http://www.headphonebar.com/akg-xs323/
    http://www.headphonebar.com/vsonic-vsd3s/
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I usually run in cheap sony earbuds, but I recently picked up a pair of yurbuds on sale and I'm a big fan. I couldn't even feel them in my ears on my run today.
  • scottb81
    Options
    I have used both yurbuds and the monster earbuds. Both work very well but I like the monster ones just a little better.
  • jirisg92
    jirisg92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I bought some $20 jbl sport earbuds and those work great, I prefer to use them over the powerbeats wireless earbuds I have.
    Very durable too I even washed them accidentally and they still work.