Newbie! :)

Options
hi all.
My names Alana and I'm 22.
And currently the heaviest I've ever been and just don't seem to have the motivation or self control needed to shift it so I thought I'd give this ago and with the help and support of others hopefully I can get some confidence back and shift some weight!
Thanks all :)

Replies

• wibblywobblynomore74
    wibblywobblynomore74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting yourself here..we all know how you feel Alana and people support eachother well on this site..It will be a tough path to walk but with a little motivation from yourself and lots of encouraging support you will achieve this journey we all call losing weight...and it will be for all the right reasons..ill add you as a friend and help where I can
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Just think, by your 25th birthday you'll be the hottest and healthiest you.
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ... well, before that probably but definitely at least by then! ;)
  • MOTIMUNIYA
    Options
    Hello.

I have really broken all records of being fat. At 220 lbs in a 5'3 inch frame and just 21 years on my personal watch... I think I have really abused my body. Not that I didn't try. I just am not motivated enough and I don't have enough self control. Combine that with a razor sharp brain and hence, the talent to exert myself as less as possible by using my grey matter over my body.

Anyway. I hope I derive motivation from all you awesome people.

Please encourage me :)
  • scubacy
    scubacy Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Alana welcome to MFP!
    Getting started with a routine isn't easy. I found having a friend show up at the gym (or wherever your working out), or having a trainer at least in the beginning helps a lot when it comes to keeping me accountable until it becomes a habit. The app is great to help really see the calories in vs calories out during the day, but don't get discouraged! Find something you enjoy doing that gets you moving - and like I told my wife - the scale is not your friend when you start a program. Weight can bounce all over while you are toning and muscle is getting denser. It takes time to improve your metabolism, and watching the scale everyday instead of every week or every month can sometimes be a demotivator. You will get there eventually and each little accomplishment is addicting too.
  • AlanaLizette
    Options
    Ha
    ... well, before that probably but definitely at least by then! ;)

haha that did make me giggle! I really hope so :)
  • AlanaLizette
    Options
    MOTIMUNIYA wrote: »
    Hello.

I have really broken all records of being fat. At 220 lbs in a 5'3 inch frame and just 21 years on my personal watch... I think I have really abused my body. Not that I didn't try. I just am not motivated enough and I don't have enough self control. Combine that with a razor sharp brain and hence, the talent to exert myself as less as possible by using my grey matter over my body.

Anyway. I hope I derive motivation from all you awesome people.

Please encourage me :)

Nice to here I'm not the only one I'm 5'7 so my height balances it all out abit, my bmi does come under healthy but I just feel sluggish and not good in myself! It's mainly since I had my son, going from a size 6 to a now size 14 I feel I need to put a stop to things before it goes further. I wish you all the best and I'll add you And hopefully we can support each other x

• Mkroberts3867
    Mkroberts3867 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 22 as well and 5'6"! Feel free to add me!
  • AlanaLizette
    AlanaLizette Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the information and support so far everyone! Ive added you hun x
  • Call_Me_BIGDADDY
    Call_Me_BIGDADDY Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :D X
  • nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Alana, I'm Anita. This site is the absolute best. You will get so much motivation and support that you can't help but stick to your goals. I have been blessed with the 5' nothing curse ;) , so you can imagine what 220 pounds looked like on me. I've lost 11.5 pounds in 3 weeks. When you see how many calories your eating, it helps you to get your eating under control and make wise choices. Best of luck and add me if you want.