Heart rate monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• HillOE
    HillOE Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've had to sync mine, but mine is a couple of years old and not the top of the line. My husband and I both have garmins so sometimes I pick up his HR monitor rather than mine and have to sync it for it to recognize. It's pretty easy and if you don't have your manual, they are available on line. I do know our polar HR monitor doesn't work with our garmins and the garmin HRM is more gym equipment friendly than our polar hrm.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sm4astan wrote: »
    Also, as Microsoft turns on more sensors (galvanic, etc.) and tweaks their algorithms, it will get closer.

No, it won't, because heart rate and calorie simply do not correlate, except in very specific circumstances (none of which you are meeting).

It's like trying to use the RPM of your lawnmower blade to estimate how long it will take to drive your car to the grocery store.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    rwcw89 wrote: »
    Fitbit charge hr. No band needed it's all in one, connects to mfp and calculates calories burned via heart rate. I'm in love with it

Too bad the charge is inaccurate during exercise.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've ordered a new heart rate monitor strap now for my vivofit fit band. Thanks though anyway. £35
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    lulum1986 wrote: »
    I've ordered a new heart rate monitor strap now for my vivofit fit band. Thanks though anyway. £35

That seemed to be the most sensible route. Why replace a watch when all you need is a new HRM strap.