Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Just bought a fitbit and have a question.

Post coming

Replies

• megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    I bought a fitbit flex to count my steps and take a look at my sleeping patterns and activated it at 8am, then went to bed ( I work midnights). I did a little walking just around my house, aboit 400 steps.

I was wondering if I should put my activity level down to sedentary, and then let my fitbit adjust my calories from the steps I take?

As of now, I'm set to lightly active and eat 1625. But I've barely taken any steps today, and my fitbit has already given me an extra 130ish calories. That's just confusing to me. Any advice?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before.. I tried looking through old posts and there were too many off subject discussions to root through. Thanks!!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    I've had my fitbit for over 3 years - that's what I do.
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    I am maintaining and had my activity set to sedentary. I'd start the day with a 1710 cal goal (5'7 32yo female). I usually end up with a 2700 cal goal after fitbit adjustment and adding in my swimming.

I changed my activity level to lightly active and now get a 1910 starting goal and still the same at the end of the day. I prefer this because I pre log each day and it means I don't start the day 'in the red'. Only a little psychological thing.

Whatever setting you choose, if you find your fitbit isn't giving you additional calories, enable negative calorie adjustments. You just have to suck it and see with the fitbit really - find what works for you!
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Yes, set your mfp activity level to sedentary and turn on the negative calorie adjustment option.
    There is also a fitbit group here on mfp that has helpful information.

If you want to add me on fitbit, here's my info:
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/38G8BT
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Thank you!