Nutrients ratio?

Options
Is there a certain ratio of carbs to protein to fat for optimal weight loss?
I tried 50 % carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat for a few weeks, but I always went over my carb intake and was way below my protein intake.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• miss_dreamer
    miss_dreamer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump. I would like to know too! i go over my protein and am always way under my carbs.
  • biancamirella
    biancamirella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here's a really great link on how to calculate macronutrients. It's catered to your personal fitness level and body weight. A little confusing to figure out at first, but simple enough once you've read the info :)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Lots of lean protein, lots of veggies, 1 serving of carbs for breakfast and one for lunch!
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You noticed how you said "i went over my carb intake but always under my protein intake" but you said nothing about your weight loss or results??

There are different body typies, some people utilize fat's and proteins a lot more efficient than others. Notice how some people are skinny and are good at running, some others are meant for strength, etc? This is because their body energy comes from either fat or carbs, or a dual metabolism (all 3 macro nutrients) In short, No there is not a "general" optimum ratio. THe thing to do is try something ands see how it goes, if you odn't get the results you want, increase carbs, or decrease them, see how it goes, if that doesn't work, play with protien intake, the thing is to "learn" what works for you.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the above, there really is no perfect answer. You just have to play with it and see what works for you.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but MFP does 66% carbs 17% protein and 17% fat for me.