Sprained Ankle

Options
i slipped on some gravel last night while running and as I fell I sprained my ankle. I heard a pop and as I've googled a few things I think it's a moderate sprain. Just wondering if anyone on here has had a sprained ankle and how soon you were back to running.

Replies

• gagnon9691
    gagnon9691 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My last sprained ankle took about 6 months before I was healed. It still gets achy when I do too much but it isn't a bad pain.
  • gentryatkinson
    gentryatkinson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh man. Not what I wanted to hear. ;)
  • gentryatkinson
    Options
    Bump
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I sprained my foot this morning and was told I'll be on crutches for a week, should be walking within 2 but shouldn't run for at least a month.
    As frustrating as it is, the priority needs to be letting the injury heal fully to minimise the risk of long term issues.
  • gentryatkinson
    Options
    So sorry for your sprain too. I was hoping to be running again two weeks. But it does sound like it will be more like a month for me too. What a bummer!
  • yesimpson
    Options
    Hopefully we'll both make superhuman recoveries @gentryatkinson
    4 weeks will fly by. You'll be lacing up your trainers before you know it once you've had a 'recovery month' - that's what I'm calling it so I feel like an athlete ;)
  • gentryatkinson
    Options
    Haha that does sound good. I'm also TTC so I'm praying it happens this month because I was going to stop running anyways if I got prego. :smiley:
  • yesimpson
    Options
    Ah good luck! That'd be perfect timing!
  • notseeb
    notseeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, it depends on the severity of the sprain... i sprained my ankle back in march and 5 months on, I still have to watch out on walking carefully... done some hiking last week, didn't bother me at the time, but all night and morning my foot/ankle was sore. hope you are ok and out and about by now!