Before habits :)

Options

Replies

• ldhudsonjr
    ldhudsonjr Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the total was but I do know that I was consuming nearly 4000 calories a day from any combination of milk, beer, and sugar sweetened beverages. Pretty sure I was drinking actual water only about once every week or two.
  • eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Easily 2000-3000
  • katrose85
    katrose85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly, but I know I didnt watch what I ate and I was drinking alcohol almost every day in excess. I am 90 days sober and the weight is fallin off! I find I don't eat half the crappy foods I used to just from quitting drinking!
  • jane837
    jane837 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Easily 4000-5000.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I don't know, because I would alternately restrict and binge. I counted my restriction phases obsessively, but closed my eyes during the binge.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly, a couple thousand, on bad days maybe a few thousand +. I didn't really think about the food I was putting into my mouth, sure I had brief moments where I thought "you know this isn't good for you" which was quickly met with "oh stfu" and I'd eat it anyhow. I ate so much out of boredom, or eating just to eat because it was THERE. I deluded myself into thinking there is all this time to get healthy, but the time never came, my fault of course.

But here I am!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    binge drinking 3-5 nights a week... probably anywhere from 900-1500 calories in beer each time + all the junk food I could get my hands on. Yeah, bad habit... sober since 1/1 and down 30 pounds (also increased exercise and restricted diet, but yeah you get the point)

Great Job Man! Way to nip that *kitten* in the bud! I used to drink almost a bottle of wine most nights of the week. Now I cut way back to only 2 or so a couple days a week.

• AmandaRose884
    AmandaRose884 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It all depends really, I can only guess as I started logging after my doctor recommended it. As a general rule, I pick healthier items anyway, but I have days where I want to stuff my face with anything I can. On those days, it's like I'M STARVING and NOTHING will satisfy me. So on a typical normal day I'm happy in 1.5k to 2k calories, but on those bad days I say I could easily shoot over 5k+ calories in a single day.
    I've noticed it has to do with my menstrual cycles, which makes me think it's hormone related. I also get really sleepy and tired, no energy, short tempered... it's not pretty and I'm not proud of those moments.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'd say in the 2500-4000 range myself on average. Not a pretty thing once I started logging it. I loved my comfort foods and a lot of them. I still love them but now I eat them in a much smaller quantity.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Probably between 2000-2500 daily, with the occasional mega-binge.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Looking back at my old diaries, I didn't log days when I ate really badly. I see a few days that were about 2200, but if I had really logged a few days with no changes, I am sure I would probably hit 3000 a few days a week. I never logged my alcohol either. I don't drink often, but when I do, I usually have quite a bit. Think cook off weekends.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I drank most of my calories. I don't know the amount but a 40 oz. fountain drink is around 550 calories! I would be ashamed to admit the amount of Mountain Dew and alcohol that I've had. I'm trying to limit my alcohol intake and I only drink zero calorie beverages otherwise.

I think it would be insane to bury my head in the sand and claim that I have no idea how I got morbidly obese. I ate too much. I drank more. I'm one of those people who start drinking and then all common sense goes out the window. H*** yes, I'll have some pizza and nachos! SMH

I'm not currently abstaining from liquor but I'm definitely staying under my calorie goal each day. I got this. :)
  • B00kw0rm09
    B00kw0rm09 Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've always considered myself a fairly healthy eater. I did weight watchers a few years ago and know the importance of fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean proteins. I rarely eat fast food, and I've always worked out regularly. I started a new job about a year ago and packed on about 20 pounds. I think the problem was mindless eating at my desk and not weighing my food. I would eat fairly healthy, just too much of it. Sure, almonds are a good choice, but regularly eating two servings at a time adds up. I was probably eating multiple servings of a lot of things. I think I will probably always have to weigh and portion my food or else I risk over eating. A serving of cereal is not much...left to my own devices I easily eyeball a portion as way larger than it should be. Logging, for me, makes all the difference.

I have no idea how much I was eating before. 2500? Even healthy-ish food can lead to a gain.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    B00kw0rm09 wrote: »
    Even healthy-ish food can lead to a gain.

Oh for sure. Lots of people feel they "eat healthy" foods but the simple fact is that you could eat organic Brazil nuts grown and nurtured in home-processed compost and sprinkled with the tears of vegan mermaids but still gain weight...if you're eating more calories of them than your body needs for maintenance.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a night, 4-5 nights a week of just chardonnay. Exactly 2 bottles worth. F***ing INSANE. This is how I gained ALL of my extra 50lbs over 5 years. Very slowly, lazily and with great apathy toward myself and my wellbeing. On the days I would drink, I also almost always skipped dinner. So the only food I'd get that day would be a 3-400 cal breakfast and a healthy lunch of 4-500 calories.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Not sure, never counted. But I do know I drank soda and fruit juice instead of water. So that's about 1200 extra a day if you count 8 glasses. I also snacked on lots of sweets in between, so I assume my snacks alone would also be about 1000-1500.

Funny, my actual meal sizes were not too bad at all. They were normal sized. All I had to do was quit snacking and drink water instead of soda/juice, and I lost most of my weight that way. Oh, and walking.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Maintenance calories but impossible to put a number on it - just happened to be maintaining for about 20 years as a chubster!

I probably maintain now on more calories than I did before I lost weight despite being lighter. I'm more healthy, much fitter and do a lot more exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not sure, except for obviously, too many.
  • sk1nnyb1tchm0dee
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    Probably between 2000-2500 daily, with the occasional mega-binge.
    That doesn't seem like that much :/