Home workouts ?

Options
Hi guys :) does anyone do workouts at home? I've got a cross trainer and bike that I use and a fitness dvd but was wondering what workouts would be good to do at home? How about walking up and down the stairs? Just wondering what people do for home workouts .. Thanks :)

Replies

• louminouche
    louminouche Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Lesley Sansone walking videos are good; and kettlebells for women (beginners) all free on YouTube.
  • kodji67
    kodji67 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All my workouts are at home. I just downloaded the app You Are Your Own Gym, it is quite challenging for me and I consider myself just above a beginner level in fitness. What I love about it is you don't need equipment! I've also done a lot of Jillian Michaels's DVDs with ok results, but they are getting old for me. Also fitnessblender has tons of free videos online! I think my best advise is to keep looking and trying things until you find what you like. :)
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I would trade in your equiptment for a power rack. But that's just me :smile:
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    There are tons of exercise ideas on Pinterest, and a lot of them have videos. I use my bike, and I have some weights here and that is what I use on a regular basis. The bonus is that I can do it while I'm watching TV. I also walk around my neighborhood a lot.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Variety of Leslie Sansone DVDs with weights & resistance band; vintage Kathy Smith aerobics DVD in all its spandex glory (from 1988) that is one heck of a workout.
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels DVDs and have had great results. Sometimes I'll walk to burn a few extra calories too.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender workouts are free on youtube, and they can be really grueling. I also check out Leslie Sansone DVDs free from the public library.
  • julie3231
    julie3231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    DailyBurn has some really excellent workouts for all ability levels and a big variety of videos- boxing, dance, kettlebell, yoga, pilates, HIIT. Its $10 a month but well worth it. The Beachbody TurboFire DVDs are also a great workout if you like kickboxing style workouts...great music too.
  • lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My home is my gym..... I have a treadmill, weights, bowflex and a bunch of different workout DVD's.... I also have running shoes for outside running in the spring / summer / fall....
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Been doing Jillian mixhaels free on you tube
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Search body weight exercises on Pinterest. I have a few I do that are awesome all over body training.
  • summers09jo
    summers09jo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I also do Jillian Michaels & get a great workout.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I <3 Fitness blender work-outs!! Free on youtube, tons and tons of variety. I invested in a set of adjustable weights as well because some of the exercises are strength training, but you don't need them for most of the videos.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I did Start Bodyweight for a while and liked it. I had to stop recently due to an accident. I'm contemplating if I should start over when I'm able to or if I should try out You Are Your Own Gym.
    http://www.startbodyweight.com