Feel like a failure

Options
I feel like a failure when i eat the crap foods, i know its not great for me but sometimes you just give in to your cravings and before you know about you feel so guilty. It sucks but i need to find the courage and strength to overcome and beat it. i am a 127kg 23 year old male and i am really unhealthy

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods.
    In my mind, there are "everyday" foods, and "sometimes" foods.

Eat everything in moderation. I like eating healthy 80% of the time and the other 20% I eat what I want.

You're not going to never have another cookie again for the rest of your life. This is about building healthy habits for life, it's not a temporary diet. It's best to incorporate the foods you love into your new lifestyle.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    It's okay to eat so called "crap foods",
    Just have to learn to eat them in moderation.
  • creativeshaun
    Options
    Moderation. I ate 200.63 teaspoons of sugar in 3 days not including breakfast, lunch or dinner - thats about 70-75 teaspoons of sugar a day. i wish i knew how to eat in moderation but i struggle and i don't want to give up but it is hard
  • Leana088
    Options
    Moderation. I ate 200.63 teaspoons of sugar in 3 days not including breakfast, lunch or dinner - thats about 70-75 teaspoons of sugar a day. i wish i knew how to eat in moderation but i struggle and i don't want to give up but it is hard

Just do it. Stop making up excuses and do it. If you tell yourself : "oh its too hard I can't do it", then you won't do it. You've already decided you can't.

Otherwise stop buying it. Don't bring it into your house or car. And if you want a sweet, buy a single serve portion and no more.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You only fail if you quit. Dust yourself off, learn from the experience and keep going.
  • creativeshaun
    Options
    true thanks for the encouragement
  • Leana088
    Options
    true thanks for the encouragement

Moderation requires practice like any other skill you build, its not something you learn overnight. :)
  • iwearthejumper32
    iwearthejumper32 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up! Youre learning as you go... its not easy!! Keep going you've got this :)
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Try meal planning. Include a mix of new healthy foods to try along with a few things you normally eat to fit into the overall day. Prelog the plan to see if it fits your goal and see it that helps a bit.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I do believe in everything in moderation, but that means that most of the time, you need to say no to the bad stuff. But that you know it's okay to say no, because sometimes you can say yes.
  • creativeshaun
    Options
    its good to be able to talk to someone about this stuff, thanks guys i will try everything until i succeed
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Stop labeling foods as good or bad. You need but learn moderation and you'll lose.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options

First of all, stop thinking of yourself as a failure as you have made a great start already. Keep logging and identifying the problem areas. Yes you are eating a great deal of sugar. Replace those foods with better choices. Increase your protein by eating more chicken, meat and fish. I see you eat fruit and vegetables, increase them and gradually decrease those things that are sending your sugar and calorie count up. Make a blueberry and banana smoothie or have yoghurt and banana instead of sweets. Baked beans have a lot of sugar and so do all your sweet relishes and pickles. Look for way to replace these things without all the added sugar. Make yourself a ham and salad sandwich for lunch and don't forget to drink water.

One step at a time, each day look for ways to improve your diet. Good luck.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I feel like a failure when i eat the crap foods, i know its not great for me but sometimes you just give in to your cravings and before you know about you feel so guilty. It sucks but i need to find the courage and strength to overcome and beat it. i am a 127kg 23 year old male and i am really unhealthy

I love junk food. Tomorrow I am going to the Sierra Nevada Burly Brews and Barleywines and will drink tons of beer and eat tons of food (unlimited of each is included in the price of the ticket) and I can't wait. I'm not going to feel guilty.

Don't stress it man!
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, and I probably always will, but I got better at dealing with it. I've found that eating healthier food at mealtimes, with plenty of protein and fibre cuts down the cravings. Exercise helps. Having a small portion helps. Waiting ten minutes helps. Planning my day to include things I crave helps.

Those are the quick fixes.

But what seems to work best, long term is realising that being useless at something is the first step towards being good at it. :) If you give in to a craving, that's ok. Get straight back on your plan at the next meal. Look at what might have caused the craving (tired, hungry, stressed, angry, sad, eating trigger foods, cold, hot, thirsty...) and plan how you'll deal with that situation without using food next time.

Also pay lots of attention how giving in to the craving makes you feel afterwards. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just recognise that it makes you feel bad, and that it's probably not the kindest way to treat yourself, even though it feels like it at the time.