can't stop peeing!

Options
13»

Replies

• kylee_elyse
    kylee_elyse Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to never drink water. Over the past year I have switched to almost exclusively water (outside of my morning 2 cups of coffee and the occasional glass of wine or beer). I did have a readjustment period. There are some big benefits though to my water consumption. My skin, especially on my face, is super nice now. Very supple and soft. I used to get horrible dry skin in the winter, now I don't.

I also find that dehydration stalls my weight loss. I'm better about the water on the weekdays since I'm at work and it's a good excuse to get up and take a walk. I always feel dehydrated come Sunday night.

I have always had horribly dry skin. Right now my hands are dry and cracking. I feel like I've been dehydrated most of my life as a result of not drinking water. I think I am going to stick with the 8 glasses a day (counting tea) and see what happens. Then if I need to readjust I will. I'm not gorging myself with water so I think I would rather be drinking too much water rather than not enough? That's just my logic. Gonna try and see what happens. Thanks for your comment ☺️
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Ugh I understand. I had to set up a drinking schedule where I know I'll be around a bathroom. Pretty much drink 6 glasses of water by noon and then during dinner I have my last 2 just so I can always be around a bathroom.
  • kylee_elyse
    Options
    Ugh I understand. I had to set up a drinking schedule where I know I'll be around a bathroom. Pretty much drink 6 glasses of water by noon and then during dinner I have my last 2 just so I can always be around a bathroom.

That is genius! Lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Totally normal, if you just started.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I drink about 10 glasses of water every day and worried at the beginning of forming this habit about being chained to the toilet as I also have a weak bladder and incontinence, but I now have had a medical procedure for my bladder and so don't have accidents any long. Even before that, however, my water intake didn't influence my need to pee more once I got used to it.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Here's a great article about why 8 glasses a day is a myth. Plus, it's only important in the context of keeping you hydrated for your overall well-being. Drinking 8 glasses a day does nothing for weight loss, unless you're one of those people who get full from a glass and no longer want to eat. That never worked for me. :smiley:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-dont-need-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
  • kylee_elyse
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Here's a great article about why 8 glasses a day is a myth. Plus, it's only important in the context of keeping you hydrated for your overall well-being. Drinking 8 glasses a day does nothing for weight loss, unless you're one of those people who get full from a glass and no longer want to eat. That never worked for me. :smiley:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/you-dont-need-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/

Thank you for the article! That never has worked for me either!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I hate it. I used to drink soda all day, and so much of that is sugar it just doesn't have the same output as water. At least the ladies I work with can cover for me while I'm running back and forth.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I hate it. I used to drink soda all day, and so much of that is sugar it just doesn't have the same output as water. At least the ladies I work with can cover for me while I'm running back and forth.