Getting serious about losing weight at 308 (ugh)

Options
My weight has been a long time struggle in my life. I topped out at 360 about 3 years ago. I haven't really focused on losing weight until now though. The other 52 was lost due just being active at work. But now it's time to buckle down. I'm 34, signing divorce papers in a month, single mom, student extrodianre. I have this new chance at life to be happy and have a real career instead of working food service. But most importantly I have this amazing kid who needs me to be around. It makes me feel so bad when I can't play with her outside for long periods of time without getting winded or needing to sit down. I don't want her seeing my unhealthy relationship with food and developing the same problems I have. So it's time to get serious and do the thing. I have been going at it since March 2nd (switched to vegetarian, counting calories and working out). Today I weighed in at 294. I'm under 300 lbs for the first time in 4 years. But even better, I got offered a cookie yesterday and my kid said "nah my mom is only eating healthy choices and so am I" and she turned down the cookie in favor of a pear. Little victories right.

Replies

• GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are on your way!
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Sounds like you've done a great job raising her!!
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is awesome!!! Best of luck to you and your daughter. The two of you are awesome, you will go far.
  • molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's so amazing. If you want some extra inspiration, consider the movie Fed Up. It's really contributed to a great change in my diet, and has helped me be so much more strategic about what I feed my daughter.
  • antsars1212
    antsars1212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    molaufy wrote: »
    Congratulations! That's so amazing. If you want some extra inspiration, consider the movie Fed Up. It's really contributed to a great change in my diet, and has helped me be so much more strategic about what I feed my daughter.

That's in my Netflix queue at the moment. I probably could stand to stop binging on house of cards and watch it ha.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh that is awesome!! Not only are you doing something amazing for yourself, but also teaching your daughter the value of healthy food choices...something that she will take with her for the rest of her life as something she learned..from you!! *yay!!!*
  • AquaticChickadee
    AquaticChickadee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I decided it was time for me to buckle down and lose weight, too. Except I'm 22 and currently weigh around 289. Mostly because I kept putting my health aside to work on academics. Weight has been coming off so far, but as with previous endeavors...I will probably hit a plateau soon and will need encouragement to work through it.