Newbie - Looking for support and motivation

Options
Hi,

I have been using the Android app for a few days now, but this is the first time that I am posting on here. I find diets difficult and get bored with them easily but am finding this calorie counter helpful and enjoyable. I have used a calorie calculator before but without the database so I found that I was having to sit with every food packet to update this, with this it is so much easier. Adding each snack/meal through my phone throughout the day.

I have a 21month old son and am still trying to lose the extra weight from pregnancy plus a few more as I wasn't the fittest before either. I don't want to lose weight dramatically as I have friends who now struggle to maintain that weight loss or have just put the pounds back on (plus some), I want to lose it gradually and healthily and in a way which will help me maintain that when I reach my target weights and I doesn't matter too much when I achieve my goals. I have a set a small goal to begin with, and then once I reach this I will look at another and so on. My main aim is that when I go for my health checks that my weight falls into the 'normal' category not 'obese' or 'overweight'.

Am hoping that I can find some support from like minded people

Replies

• registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    haha oh you're going to be surprised by this site. I am adding you as a friend.
  • heatherelle
    Options
    I have also tried counting calories in the past, but it was too time consuming to sit there with the nutritional guide and a stack of calorie counting books trying to figure it all out. I ended up just not eating because it was easier to keep track of calorie intake that way. This resulted in years of weight problems and eating disorders. I really love this site and enjoy taking a few moments periodically during the day to enter what I have eaten and the exercise I've done. I also like having friends on here so I feel more accountable to what I put in my body and how much I am consuming each day. I sent you a friends request so hopefully we can motivate each other to make healthy decisions. Take Care!
  • TLC83
    TLC83 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks both, have accepted the requests.

asmcriminal - intriguing comment, surprised in a good or bad way I wonder?!

heatherelle - the calorie counting really is a difficult one when you haven't got then aid of something like this. I was the opposite just stopped recording and ate even more.