Going to turn 60 this year and weigh 280 lbs...,

Options
Turning the Big 60 this year, and I can say I have totally messed my body up..., I can barely go up stairs, walk, run, etc. I use to walk 5 miles a day, and cannot walk much now at all. I must get this weight off.

Went to a doctor because of the pain of walking and asked the Doctor for a pill to take to get the weight off. Doctor explained to me that this would be the HARDEST thing I have ever done in my Life to get this weight off and there was not a quick fix for weight loss., the doctor explained I needed to exercise and eat right before I get medically sick with diabetes or high blood pressure. I left out of doctors office with no quick fix (of a pill) or (surgery) lol .

I joined this program a few days ago, and I LOVE IT..., I write down everything that goes in my mouth. and I started a slow walk on treadmill for about 30 minutes a day..., I feel great.

I did not realize that some food has so much Sodium in it and the Carbs on the food is very high.

It took me 30 years to get this weight on., and hopefull it will take me (1 year) to get this weight off.

I am on a Mission to get Slim Trim & Healthy

Replies

• fuzzfmr
    fuzzfmr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Keep working hard. Loads of luck to you!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I found it a challenge to lose weight, but it wasn't the hardest thing I've ever accomplished. I found the withdrawal symptoms when I quit smoking to be mentally and physically more difficult.

If you eat properly, you can still eat a lot and be in a calorie deficit--and lose weight. Eventually you will want to add exercise to help your strength and endurance.

You'll find the support and help of people here on MFP will be very valuable. I sure did.

Frank
  • kj3qs1
    kj3qs1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are going about it the right way.
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your renewed comittment to a healthier life. I use walking as exercise as well. I love the food logging too as it's an eye opener! Feel free to add me as a friend :wink:
  • Omaoffive
    Omaoffive Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I know how hard it is to get that motivation to do something.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!!!!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm 60, started mid Oct 2013 and have lost 88 pounds. two to go to goal. If you really want this, you CAN do it!!!
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Turning 55 in July...started at 278 now 246 lbs. in less than 3 months..If you put your mind to losing the weight and introducing light exercise (walking) you will lose the weight!!!
  • jus4mei
    jus4mei Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really do want this, and I think my mind is set to get the weight off.., only time will tell. This site/journal will help me see where I am going wrong. Thanks for being there you all and encouraging me.:)