Pictures of your favorite trail(s)

Options
So I recently moved and now live in a national forest reserve. It's amazing being around tons of nature trails and woods. I have a trail that literally starts at my door step and does a complete circle. I ran/walked it today and took a few pictures that I'd like to share. If anyone else has pictures of their favorite trails that you ride,walk,run,ski,slide,fly,sit,stand,roll,etc please post them.

This is in Chattahoochee National Forest Reserve near Columns Drive off of Johnson Ferry if anyone is local to Atlanta.

bn5mgdk3yytj.jpg
pq58g7sxexgc.jpg
assvx6rrmg0v.jpg
th01dd13nd13.jpg

Replies

• mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5c9j8tjkzw00.jpg

My phone isn't letting me upload more than one picture at a time. Haha So I'll just pick a couple favorites.
    Unfortunately I'm right in the buckle of the bible belt so the scenery is a little lacking, and so are the trails.
    This is probably my favorite actual trail, and it spans a couple miles. When it warms up some more I will head down to river again and explore more. :) And of course take pictures.
  • mustardyellowshirt
    mustardyellowshirt Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Aaaand now I can't upload at all. *sigh* I'm off to photo bucket, be back shortly. Haha
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite local ones to hike:

David Crockett State Park in Lawrenceburg, TN

kai5oh.jpg

Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill, TN

30ljnl1.jpg

Stillhouse Hollow Falls in Lawrenceburg, TN

1572o8k.jpg

Cheeks Bend Bluff in Columbia-ish, TN (The first like half mile is a creek during summer, especially after a rain)

bitmy1.jpg

And my favorite so far has been in Gatlinburg, TN at the Smokey Mountains

2crke84.jpg
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Across the street from my place, Cocoa Beach. I walk or jog a mile on it just about every day and you can't keep me out of the ocean when the water is warm.
    2oyk3n0cs3pb.jpg
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    These are so beautiful! My old trainer used to say I should always try to walk outside daily, the fresh air is good for us and helps release stress. I like to go to Fryman Canyon in LA sometimes and sharing some daybreak pics. ☺️thn5gm1drcnx.jpg
    ha6qkjs146n2.jpg
  • sly9798
    sly9798 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is great. I thought that California was the only beautiful state. (Just kidding!) but glad to add. Take picture when I'm out hiking all the time!!!
  • sly9798
    Options
    e5txgme0fcqp.jpg
    wjoemt69rma5.jpg
    vflxcgzsrn7r.jpg
    Hiking in the California redwoods.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Amazing shots, sly9798
  • sly9798
    Options
    Thanks! Beautiful spot in nor cal.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I live in Northeast PA, and there's lot of beautiful trails and state parks but my favorite places are little trails that are close to home. These pics were taken less than a mile from my house. t1j8k3l4l4aj.jpg
  • katrose85
    katrose85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live four blocks from Lake Louise State Park in Minnesota and there are are over 40 miles of trails to walk/bike ride/run on. There are awesome benches and bridge rails along the way to do situps and stuff with. It is so beautiful there and I am so blessed to have such a great place to trudge!

aph31i81ltq1.jpg
    k0emxg0555fl.jpg
    sogb81ullkgy.jpg
    cohmf6lv80wr.jpg
  • saladfairy
    saladfairy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The closest one to me isn't anything grand, but it's nostalgic! dm82rjbs3viq.jpg
    si9nsy1uiw8s.jpg
    a9hws32gq9ri.jpg

• sly9798
    Options
    15auo0xpu83w.jpg
    qo7z8j8baulr.jpg
    0t1jaybghc19.jpg
    srfceqi3zxv1.jpg
    6cgoj3azfb4t.jpg
    These are my every day trails. Lake walk and the city view trails. Lovely Mendocino county.