Trader Joe's favorites...what are yours?

Options

Replies

• OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know you already went, but since some people are "bump"ing, I have to add that I love their savory rice crackers (the multiseed ones) AND their guiltless (maybe called sinless? -free?) mac & cheese- SO good and I am hard to please when it comes to store-made!

Guiltless mac n cheese!? I will definitely be adding it to my list for the next visit!

I've gotten some great ideas from everyone here..thanks so much for all of the responses!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/108080-traders-joe-s-is-coming-why-should-i-love-it

Here's yet another great thread on Trader Joe's for you fans! :wink: :drinker:
    Thanks for starting this thread, love reading through them all as I learn about items others recommend to try.:flowerforyou:
  • Becca_007
    Options
    My fav is the Roasted Red Pepper Soup. So yummy, only a 100 calories for 1 cup. It's the best I've ever had.
    I so need to try this! I almost pick it up each time I shop there but get nervous, not anymore, next time I'll pick it up! I know they sell 3 low sodium ones at my store here and that's one of them. 140 mg of sodium for low sodium vs. 740 mg. for regular EEK, so glad they have the low ones. I hate wasting my sodium on things. It's crazy I know but I think of it as money as I now go by the new recommended 1500 mg which is absolutely do-able but only if you pre-plan. :happy:

Thanks for chiming in on the soup!:bigsmile:

ETA: OK, so who's tried their Squash soup? I've never tried it, TJ's or otherwise, would love some feed back! Thanks!
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Traders Joe's
    Coming Soon:love:

Chicago (South Loop), IL
    Kansas City, MO
    Leawood, KS
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Salem, OR
    Spokane, WA
    Staten Island, NY
  • cmo1987
    cmo1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The grilled frozen asparagus is great, I love the mochi-Japanese ice-cream in a sort of dough.(as long as you can practice portion control) the trader Joe electrolyte water is good it's their version of smart water at a great price. Also their olive oil popcorn :)
  • cicadagirl
    cicadagirl Posts: 51
    Options
    Oh, man...my favorites are everything they sell! No, really...I don't remember ever being disappointed by anything I've tried there!

But to be more helpful, my real favs are their:

Vegetarian corn dogs
    Teriyaki flavored marinated tofu
    Persian cucumbers
    Dried Montmorency cherries
    Sesame honey cashews
    Caribbean Fruit Floes
    Fat free refried beans
    Honey Greek yogurt
    Triple berry Joe's O's cereal
    Frozen Thai gyoza
    Frozen mango chunks...great for throwing into smoothies!
    Brie medallions and goat cheese medallions
    Ginger Cat Cookies (For People)
  • pattigirl1216
    Options
    Trader Joes has a cereal that is awesome! Trader O's High Fiber -- 190 calories for a cup and a half and 9 grams of fiber... Kinda high in carbs but you eat in the morning. I like it with a half a cup of Silk Vanilla soy milk for a whopping 255 calorie breakfast that keeps you full all morning. Also their Bran Flakes are really good and the prices are fantastic!
  • ShelleyT_RN
    ShelleyT_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My go-to dessert at night is the 70 calorie mini hold the cone! It's a small (kids size) chocolate dipped vanilla ice cream cone that totally satisfies my sweet tooth!!
  • Winged_Victory
    Options
    I like the Curry Simmer Sauce and use it a lot.

Also love these little desserts that are flavored mochi (mango, chocolate, and coconut) wrapped around a coconut ice cream center. They are HEAVEN.
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump! I love Trader Joe's! Plan on heading there this week!
  • nashdiva77
    nashdiva77 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's whole wheat couscous!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I had TJ's frozen shrimp stir-fry tonight, and it was delicious and very low-cal. I also love all of their frozen Indian meals. I recently bought a package of fresh pomegranate seeds to put on a salad - delicious! I've yet to be really disappointed by anything I've gotten there...
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wish we had Trader Joe's here! I've never been, but heard a lot about it.
  • Becca_007
    Options
    Wish we had Trader Joe's here! I've never been, but heard a lot about it.
    I totally feel for you!! :flowerforyou: I was in your shoes about 3-4 months back. :sad: Never ever thought we'd get one here but now we have 3!:love:

So don't lose hope!:wink:
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Just recently fell in love with Trader Joe's!! Here a list of things I've bought and love.

-TJ's Greek Yogurt
    -TJ's Kefir
    -TJ's low sodium chicken broth
    -Columbus low sodium turkey breast
    -TJ's chopped organic spinach
    -TJ's Tomato & Basil Hummus
    -Blue Corn Tortillas!!
    -TJ's Lite Muenster Cheese

I'm probably missing some stuff, can't wait to go back again! =)
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    ok so thanks to those who mentioned the fat free feta..got it today and it was so good. and i also got the egg white salad..so good!!! but my fave thing i got today was the gazpacho...just back for the season and so good and a lil spicy! yum!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not super low cal, but their frozen Sweet Potato Gnocchi is delicious. I keep some in the freezer for those nights when I just don't have time/energy to cook. Better than other options, especially with some veggies on the side.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    LOVE trader Joes wish it was closer (closest is about an hour away) so my husband and I stock up on:

TJ natural crunchy peanut butter
    Organic jams/jellys
    whole wheat and cinnamon/raisin english muffins
    rye and wheat sprouted bread
    Tortilla chips-I like the ones with flax seed and the super seed ones
    dark chocolate edamame (even my husband loves these and he hates regular edamame
    TJ harvest grain mix
    assortmant of their sweet wines
    feta cheese with mediterranian herbs
    chicken drumsticks
    TJ pasta shells with brie cheese and asparagus
    organic chocolate syrup
    fruits and veggies
  • Becca_007
    Options
    LOVE trader Joes wish it was closer (closest is about an hour away) so my husband and I stock up on:

Organic jams/jellys
    dark chocolate edamame (even my husband loves these and he hates regular edamame
    TJ harvest grain mix
    chicken drumsticks
    organic chocolate syrup
    fruits and veggies
    Always love seeing everyone else's favorites! Gotta agree on the TJ's Pasta shells with Brie & Asparagus. OMG! They had it for a sample day and OF COURSE! They got me good, I got it. Love the sample because then I can try out new things and the Pasta meal I actually purchased to be able to recreate my own.:wink::tongue:

In all honesty? I'd never before tried Brie cheese OR Asparagus, so part of why I purchased it as well, to get some new taste developed.

Any cheese suggestions from anyone are more than welcomed!:flowerforyou: I've not branched out very far and now realize the world is full of cheeses waiting to be tried. I grew up eating Velveeta:blushing: , then branched out to pkg'd cheddar cheese etc. I had no clue real American cheese was actually white until not too many years back.:laugh:

So far it's been Fontina, Brie and that's as far as I've gotten. Would love to get brave and try some goat cheese & others but don't know what to do with it or what type to try.

Again, would welcome any suggestions as this whole Trader Joe's experience is so new to me, it's like a whole world of choices has been opened up to me.:love: Regular grocery stores have nothing on Trader Joe's. :noway: Least in my book:tongue:
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Organic jams/jellys
    TJ harvest grain mix
    chicken drumsticks
    organic chocolate syrup
    fruits and veggies
    Always love seeing everyone else's favorites! Gotta agree on the TJ's Pasta shells with Brie & Asparagus. OMG! They had it for a sample day and OF COURSE! They got me good, I got it. Love the sample because then I can try out new things and the Pasta meal I actually purchased to be able to recreate my own.:wink::tongue:

In all honesty? I'd never before tried Brie cheese OR Asparagus, so part of why I purchased it as well, to get some new taste developed.

Any cheese suggestions from anyone are more than welcomed!:flowerforyou: I've not branched out very far and now realize the world is full of cheeses waiting to be tried. I grew up eating Velveeta:blushing: , then branched out to pkg'd cheddar cheese etc. I had no clue real American cheese was actually white until not too many years back.:laugh:

So far it's been Fontina, Brie and that's as far as I've gotten. Would love to get brave and try some goat cheese & others but don't know what to do with it or what type to try.

Again, would welcome any suggestions as this whole Trader Joe's experience is so new to me, it's like a whole world of choices has been opened up to me.:love: Regular grocery stores have nothing on Trader Joe's. :noway: Least in my book:tongue:

Definitely try the fat free feta from TJ's, it's great on salads, veggies, etc. I LOVE cheese, really I like pretty much every cheese :) However, I really don't eat that much any longer. I will buy parmasean from TJ's and it's great to add a bit on top of spaghetti, etc and you don't need much because it's got a pretty strong flavor...much better than the stuff in the green can. Another fav I have is the stilton cheese with fruit in it (cranberries, apricots, etc). I could eat that by the spoonful! TJ's also has a goat cheese that's coated in a cranberry sauce stuff that is great on crackers. Hope this helps!