Trying to loose 30 pounds in 3 months

Options
Any suggestions? Please help!

Replies

• kimberlyanne0522
    kimberlyanne0522 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Any one of the beach body 21 day fit programs would get you there!! I've done a few of them and they are almost addicting! Support from people using this app helps too... so add friends!! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    10 pounds a month might be realistic for someone who has a lot to lose, which you do not. I do not think you will be successful without having to starve yourself. adjust your expectations accordingly, aim for 6-8 pounds a month at the most and you won't spend the next 3 months completely miserable and setting yourself up for failure.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to pick a more realistic goal.
    What you want is too aggressive and unhealthy.
    Your profile says you want to lose 38 lbs. You should be going for closer to 1 lb/week.

Don't set yourself up for failure. Be realistic, happy and healthy. Good luck.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I second that your goal is probably unrealistic, especially if you want the weight loss to be permanent. Depending on your current weight, you would have to cut your calories to drastic levels and would find it hard to have energy to workout. You would burn out fast and as soon as you started eating at normal levels, the weight would come back on. I have done it and have the horror stories and hospital bills to back it up lol. Good luck on your journey.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I suggest adjusting your expectations.
  • Awsmame
    Awsmame Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to lose a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time. I'm approaching it in a totally different way ie adding prayer and asking for help from a higher power. Good luck, add me if you'd like.
    Amy
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Why 3 months? Make it 5 or 6 and it might happen.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I lost that amount in 7 months by creating a slight calorie deficit and working out 5-6 days per week. Is there a reason it has to be 3 months?
  • Shameeria84
    Shameeria84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I want to loose 30 pounds by June 20
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    It said on the web that it could be done with one meal replacement shake calorie counting and cardio 45min 5-6 days a week. And so far just in one week I've lost 6.6 pounds!! It does work guys and gals!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Doesn't mean it's a good idea
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    It is healthy my doctor said it is and she is doing it as well. And a couple of nurses said they were doing the same as well. I feel great not sick have energy I'm good honest!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    So if it's working, what suggestions are you looking for?
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else agreed with me and this was before I asked my doctor
  • SuperSizeMeNot
    SuperSizeMeNot Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    im trying to lose 30 pounds in 2 months
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    Really? What have you been doing?
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    Is it working?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd like to drop 50lbs by the first of the month. I know I can do it even if I don't ask my doc.

Edit: I haven't decided which month though.
  • Shameeria84
    Options
    Wow me too how would you go about do it though?