70lbs to lose but how?

Options
I know I have a lot of weight to lose. I have tried before and failed. Trying again. Why is it so hard? Why am I such a sugar addict? Being fat sucks when you know it is causing health issues. What is it going to take to wake me up? I start a juice fast Sunday. I know I can do it. Need to just stop doubting myself. Any supportive buddies welcomed. Maybe we can help each other.

Replies

• Batmani
    Batmani Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, honestly mate, I would fully recommend a Ketogenic diet. Search it on Google for more info.

It's essentially a very low carb diet where you can eat high protein and high fat. SHEDS HUGE amount of pounds doing nothing.

Check out the Keto subreddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/keto
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady, I have tried diets in the past, they don't work. Now I am doing portion control and be active. I buy cook and eat fresh foods. Cut out soft drinks and just be real with yourself I know I have over 100lbs to lose, I have lost 13lbs in the last three weeks and I am already feeling better, feel free to add me if you would like. I also share yummy healthy recipes.
  • Samaira_Delise
    Samaira_Delise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Reading your reply helps. This is so hard to do.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It's actually not hard if you just keep things simple. Don't over complicate with juice fasts and cutting sugar. Set your profile to lose 1 pound a week, get a handle on sticking to your calorie goal. Good luck!
  • Samaira_Delise
    Samaira_Delise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will definitely try to stick to it.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose, if I look at my overall goal. It can get very overwhelming. It's a lot easier said than done, but what's helped me is to stay positive, not call anything a "bad" food, and focusing on moderation and strengthening my willpower. try not to beat yourself up too much if you have slip ups. Take it one day at a time, and if you have a day where you go over, just learn to forgive yourself and focus on making the next day better.

I don't know that a juice fast is the best idea, to be honest. The quick fixes usually are too good to be true.
  • shamani5
    shamani5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I agree, if it already seems difficult for you, there is no need to set rigid rules for yourself like fasting, cutting sugar ect. Keep it as simple as possible. Make sticking to your calorie goal your number one priority, then add things like fasting or eliminating sugar from one meal a day when you get comfortable or even slightly bored with your daily routine. Take it one day, one step at a time. Don't get stressed. You can do it! Feel free to add me as well :smile:
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 65 pounds and went from a size 22 to a 16. Working now on getting rid of more body fat around my middle. I started Jan 2014 and for most of last year I ate 1700 calories and exercised about 4 to 5 times a week. It's a mindset. I was determined to do it. I found activities that made me want to stick with them and there is no stopping me. You can do it! Each time I strayed at all, I just went right back to it.
  • SophMadsMom
    SophMadsMom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit to lose. I'm setting a goal of so many pounds. When I reach that I will set another one.

Personally for me I know it will frustrate me if I focus on the whole picture. So slowly putting it together will help me.
  • jak810
    jak810 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose, if I look at my overall goal. It can get very overwhelming. It's a lot easier said than done, but what's helped me is to stay positive, not call anything a "bad" food, and focusing on moderation and strengthening my willpower. try not to beat yourself up too much if you have slip ups. Take it one day at a time, and if you have a day where you go over, just learn to forgive yourself and focus on making the next day better.

I don't know that a juice fast is the best idea, to be honest. The quick fixes usually are too good to be true.

• jak810
    jak810 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try ketogenic diet have lost 25 pounds in 3 month
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    It's actually not hard if you just keep things simple. Don't over complicate with juice fasts and cutting sugar. Set your profile to lose 1 pound a week, get a handle on sticking to your calorie goal. Good luck!

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE.
    I have lost almost 65 pounds and went from a size 22 to a 16. Working now on getting rid of more body fat around my middle. I started Jan 2014 and for most of last year I ate 1700 calories and exercised about 4 to 5 times a week. It's a mindset. I was determined to do it. I found activities that made me want to stick with them and there is no stopping me. You can do it! Each time I strayed at all, I just went right back to it.

same here, I eat 1700+ calories a day and over the course of two years lost 65 pounds. i am 30 pounds from goal at this point. I try to remind myself that it took 8 years to put it on and its going to take time to take it off. i eat everything as nothing is off limits. i allow myself pizza every friday and treats on the weekend, i just make sure they work into my day or i will exercise the calories off.
  • chiefeaglehorn
    Options
    I agree with other posts. It's just a slow process, but if you stick to it it will happen!
  • Chonzo68
    Chonzo68 Posts: 4
    Options
    Slow and steady...I wouldn't recommend a juice fast, you're only gonna set yourself up for a slow metabolism...Our bodies all ready detox and cleanse themselves. .Just eat healthy...
    I'm 46..I've lost 60lbs and 80+inches total body..
    I didn't do any fad diets, shakes, pills or guru stuff..Everything in moderation..I watch my macros, protein, fat, and carbs..I don't do any cardio other than 10 min worth of sprints as I lift..I weight train 5 days a week..I lift heavy..
    To burn fat you need to build your metabolism. .You do that through building muscle..Don't kill your metabolism from improper diet and exercise! You need to think long term..Ask yourself if you can sustain thus type of diet or exercise for the rest of your life..Set yourself up for life,Not a quick fix..I started out not knowing anything about nutrition and exercise..2 1/2 yrs later I'm pretty knowledgeable through lot's of reading, research, trial and error..One thing is, I always keep moving forward and I always challenge myself!
  • JohnnyRogue
    Options
    I think what can also help is getting to the route of our overeating! Very often it's a response to some kind of emotional stress or incident that we may not even remember. Just a thought....