Feeling Discouraged... but I'm still here.

Options
So I've been trying to track my diet and fitness for the last month. I've noticed an increase in fitness and a decrease in calories (or so it seems) but I've actually gained weight! I have no idea where I'm going wrong... Was wondering if anyone who has had success can share their pointers, tips, or advice on how they did it?

Replies

• Wassir
    Wassir Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat myself.
  • Leanitra
    Leanitra Posts: 18
    Options
    So I've been trying to track my diet and fitness for the last month. I've noticed an increase in fitness and a decrease in calories (or so it seems) but I've actually gained weight! I have no idea where I'm going wrong... Was wondering if anyone who has had success can share their pointers, tips, or advice on how they did it?

Have you actually been keeping track of the calories that you have been taking in on a daily bases? We can workout all day long but if we still consume to many calories then our workout is in vain.
  • parkgirl1
    parkgirl1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Have you both just started to exercise??? remember muscles weight more than fat and as you exercise u are gaining muscle so will to start either gain a small amount or stay the same. but the beauty of gaining muscle is that it also helps you burn more calories and you will also start to loose again once your body settles back done again. the other beauty of exercise is that your calorie burn lasts at a higher level for at least 12 hours after exercising. so dont loose heart keep at it. if you are still sticking after a few weeks only eat half of your exercise calories that might kick start it again too. hope this helps and well done for keeping going. if u want to add me please feel free xx
  • Deran18
    Deran18 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm tracking my food, and its showing me just how BAD I'm eating! But it's better than I was doing previously (I guess I was REALLY eating a bunch of junk before)! I'm averaging about 1700 calories a day almost everyday but I'm supposed to be at 1500. That's better than the 2300 calories a day that got me here, but I don't really know how to meet the 1500 calorie goal...
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    What works for me is that I assume everything here is a generalization and because of that I tend to leave about 1000 cals extra. I know alot of people will disagree with me but this is what works for me. You just have to keep at it and see what works for you. We are not all the same even though the fitness nuts on here seem to think everyone of us should follow them to a tee regardless of why we are here.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat, plus muscle retains water during the building process, so.....sometimes gaining weight is a very good sign of an impending shrinkage. Hang in there, keep doing the right things and you will get your desired results. The scales are not our friend. Scales don't tell the whole story. Trust your blue jeans. Blue jeans don't lie :)
  • Deran18
    Deran18 Posts: 8
    Options
    That is very true... It does feel like my clothes might be fitting a little more losely. Guess I'll be able to tell more in due time!