¡tall chicas!

Hey. So I have a question for those tall folk out there. How much do you eat? And how much do you weigh? I myself am currently 19 yrs old, of feminine type, 138 lbs, 6'1". Technically I am in the underweight bmi category, which says I should be 140-190 (190wtf!!). My lowest weight was like 115-116 (my highest about 175, before eating disorder). I am a recovering anorexic just getting out of treatment and trying to keep my weight up. My eating now is not consistent now, but I would say I average around 2k, with some days restricting more and some days being ravenous and eating like 3500. In treatment under many doctors and nutritionists supervision I maintained on 2800 a day. Which is a lot, but apparently due to height and fiery metabolism it is what I needed. And my nutritionists now really thinks I should be eating more, but hey I do the best I can. I do not really work out but walk all around campus. Ucla is pretty big. Anywhoo, what do YALL consume and weigh, please? I would love to know so I have some baseline. And I would love to not feel bad about eating such large amounts when I do, especially when I'm around my 5'1" friends who can eat half as much as me. I feel like a total glutton. Also, my docs say I am too low, but am I really? Is it that bad to be a little underweight?
So share your consumption patterns please! I do have a treatment team for my recovery process but would also love to hear real people, as well. Not that they're fake, they're just docs.
Thanks a bunch! gracias a todos

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Hi:
    You may wish to join one of the MFP groups for tall women
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/109-tall-women
    You can find more at the "Groups" option, at the dark blue banner above
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    If your doctors say 2800 then eat that!
    If you feel bad about that-continue on with your therapy and hopefully you will eventually be able to nourish your body properly.
    Best Wishes!
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Check you calories against http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/ I've been really happy with the metrics from this calculator. You may want to research "bulking" and look at the IIFYM group.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Keep in mind that all that walking burns calories too. Your doctor is likely taking that into consideration when determining what your caloric needs are.

It's really important to listen to the doctors who are treating you and if they say to up your intake, maybe give it a try for a while and see how you feel.
  • im_not_a_rapper95
    im_not_a_rapper95 Posts: 3 Member
    You guys are really sweet! Thank you all!