nauseated while working out

Options
I did my Slim in 6 tape today, and about fifteen minutes from the end I was overcome by an urge to barf.:sick: I felt lightheaded and dizzy, which doesn't happen that often when I work out. How can I keep that from happening?

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I did my Slim in 6 tape today, and about fifteen minutes from the end I was overcome by an urge to barf.:sick: I felt lightheaded and dizzy, which doesn't happen that often when I work out. How can I keep that from happening?
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Did you eat before working out? If my blood sugar drops too quickly (from not eating and then working out) I feel sick.

You should have a carb-protein (small) snack before working out. I usually have a slice of bread and peanut butter, and 1/2 banana an hour before.
  • mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    While doing a bootcamp this summer this happened to me also. The only thing I was eating beforehand was a granola bar because it was way to early in the morning for me to want to eat.

The trainer had said I am probably eating the wrong thing, but he also said to try and not eat before working out and if I got dizzy to drink some gatorade or something with a little sugar in it and that helped me.

That helped me a lot. Now it depends what time of day you are working out, this camp was at 5:30 in the morning so if you are working out later you probably have a chance to eat something better. An apple and some cheese can also be good before.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    That would so explain why I feel sick when I work out! I used to work out in the middle of my day. But now I'm working out directly after work, and I feel sick about half way through. I can push past it, but it's kinda yucky feeling, and I would probably do better if that didn't happen. So perhaps today I'll buy a protein bar from the cafe at the gym before I work out. Or better yet, save money and eat a thing of oatmeal...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough to drink? Could be you're getting dehydrated.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I agree with the food and drink theroy I KNOW you are too far in(you look killer btw) too get those sickies from not being used to it. I remember getting them but usually when I get the tummy grumbles its cause Im incredibly thirsty
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    You guys are probably right, I should eat a little something before I work out. I did my workout first thing this morning because I got the kids off to school and the house to myself and didn't want to waste the opportunity. All I had for breakfast is a cup of coffee because I had no appetite at all when I first woke up.

Joani....thanks for the compliment. You are looking good too!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    When I was working out with my personal trainer - I felt that way a couple of times too- I've seen others actually BARF (:sick: )

My trainer said make sure - 1 you eat something before you work out - I used to eat a pear and some yogurt first

2 water water water
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me twice. The first time was b/c I had a Sonic burger & fries right before hand. I don't recommend it. :sick: The second time, I ended up having the flu. I hope everyone else is right about why it happened to you. Blech.
  • figueres3
    figueres3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant? :happy:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options

No way! I had my tubes tied after my second child, and Aunt Flo was just in town last week so that cannot be it.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    For some reason today, I feel nauseated. Maybe its the weather change!:wink:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just had this happened to me last week... I chalked it up to being out of shape! I tried some moderately strenuous activities after doing nothing of the sort for quite a while. Prior to going, I had some whole grain cereal and soymilk, then some quinoa bread with soy butter (the soy butter was not sitting well while working out).

I felt very light-headed and dizzy, and almost barfed. I sat outside in the rain for a bit and was OK after 10m. Hope it was just being out of shape and nothing more serious!
  • jawaria
    Options
    I was going to say i was nautious while working out and felt weak...and later found out i was preggers:laugh: