what to do with my Avacado??

Options
_Jessica_
_Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
I have one avacado that I need to use up? Anyone had it plain and sliced before? Or any other ideas to do with it? I cant have very much sugar, and I can not have chips or crackers. .... Help :)

Replies

• baydobbins
    baydobbins Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Slice it up into strips and then squeeze some lime on it. Then, enjoy!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    slice and add it on top of a burger...just like lettuce and tomato
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have it spread on toast with Vegemite, or on toast with lemon juice. Also good on its own with a little lime juice.
  • glenna221
    glenna221 Posts: 46
    Options
    Top some scrambled eggs (or egg beaters or egg whites) with some sliced avocado.
  • angpang
    angpang Posts: 1
    Options
    Slice a tomato, top with slice of avocado and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, dash of OVOO and salt and pepper. Caprese!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat it right out of the skin with a spoon sometimes, with just a little salt, or put it on a salad or sandwhich, mashed up and smeared like mayo, chopped up and added to salsa and then added to chicken in a quesidilla.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I like to cut mine up and drizzle in some dijon mustard with a bit of honey for sweetness. Yummm.
  • dawniewest
    dawniewest Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    add it to spring greens, with carrot and granny smith apple, douse it with white balsamic vinegar and toss. BEST SALAD EVER!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love a treat of mashed avocado, chopped onion to taste, some lemon juice and shrimp on salad greens
  • orting514
    orting514 Posts: 153
    Options
    I eat it right out of the skin with a spoon sometimes, with just a little salt, or put it on a salad or sandwhich, mashed up and smeared like mayo, chopped up and added to salsa and then added to chicken in a quesidilla.
    [/quote)

ya me to, eat it out of the skin yumm, avocados are so good for you, to bad their high in cals.
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    cut it in half take the stone out and fill the hole with worcestershire sauce or if you dont like that shrimp or even both, and eat it with a spoon:smile:
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Throw it on your salad.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    If you like tuna. Add it to tuna fish sandwiches instead of mayo. lots of flavor and health fats too.
  • justkelley
    justkelley Posts: 53
    Options
    If you like tuna. Add it to tuna fish sandwiches instead of mayo. lots of flavor and health fats too.

ohhhh....thats a great idea!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options

AWESOME! I also like to slice it into chunks and serve with 1/2 tb light ranch and 1/2 tb bbq sauce..
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    make yourself a sandwich and put the avocado on it in place of the mayo or something..its fantastic..or make a salad..I put 1/4 of an avocado in my salad...
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Avo Smoothie.... SO YUMMY! 1/2 avocado, 1 C milk, 1 C ice, 2 packets stevia, blend in the blender.... delish!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I like it with a bit of smoked salmon and a poached egg. ^_^
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I add them to my salads or make a fiesta egg scramble with egg whites, rf cheddar cheese, salsa, and a 1/4 of the avocado, I also love to do the same toppings on top of a grilled chicken breast. I myself choose to eat it a 1/4at a time so I can spread the one out over the week. It is what works for me because then I could eat way too many of them.
  • Dormouse85
    Dormouse85 Posts: 49
    Options
    Chop a tomato into small pieces. Chop the avocado. Chop 1/2 a red onion. Mix together with some chopped chilli and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chopped coriander (cilantro) if you like it.

Cut a tortilla wrap into smallish triangles (or a pitta bread) Bake until crisp. Enjoy.

Or use the avocado mix as a sandwich filler with a few prawns. (Mmmmmm. I think I'll do that for tomorrow's lunch!)