Bananas

Options
Would one a day as a quick fix snack be overdoing it?

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I figure one a day is OK. They're high in potassium, which is a definite plus. I only try to avoid them because of how far they have to come to get to my table, but they're so damn tasty that I let my personal preferences slide from time to time.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    As long as you work it into your daily calories it should be fine.... personally I just eat them as an occasional treat as they are so high in cals and I get "more bang for my buck" with eating berries, or melon....
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I love bananas not really helpful I know but could eat them everyday
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    theyre the perfect pre-workout food
  • tinkerbell1964
    Options
    Would one a day as a quick fix snack be overdoing it?

I buy the small ones , less calories :wink:
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The thing with fruit is that it's good for you.

How many people do you know that got fat off of fruits and veggies? I can't think of any to be honest.

Enjoy your bananas they are good for you!
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I love bananas but they are no longer part of my every day eating. Too many carbs and sugar for me in one shot. Wouldn't worry for anyone else. But being Diabetic...that doesn't work for me. I stick to lower carb fruits. But ohhh..frozen nanas...mmmm
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have one most days and they don't seem to do me any harm! The only thing you might want to watch is the sugar content. As it's natural sugar and from what I can see, if you eat fruit, you'll be over on sugar, I don't tend to worry too much but it depends on your preference and what your goals are.
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I may have one every other day pre walkies :)
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i have at least one every dayyyyyyyyy.
    How many people do you know that got fat off of fruits and veggies? I can't think of any to be honest.
  • ambalam
    ambalam Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love making smoothies with bananas, freezing it, and its lik ice cream! (Stranana smoothies... mmmm)
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    Obviously I love bananas and pretty much eat 1 a day it works for me :D
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat bananas much period, only 1/2 a banana sometimes when I make a protein drink. too many calories/sugar. i just take a potassium pill to replace it