DELICIOUS strawberry & banana oatmeal

Options
oBirdieo
oBirdieo Posts: 148
Just thought I'd share this as it's what I have for breakfast most days (having some right now) and it's so good! It's incredibly filling and the cooked bananas make it feel a bit like a dessert, which can never be a bad thing! :smile:

1/3 cup whole rolled oats (not quick cooking oats!)
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup water
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 strawberries, sliced
1/2 small banana, sliced into thick slices

Combine all ingredients in a small pot over high heat. Once the mixture starts to bubble, lower heat to medium and stir occasionally for approximately 5 minutes (or until the oatmeal is at your preferred consistency).

217 cals / 36 carbs / 5g fat / 8g protein

Replies

• Ruthann2
    Ruthann2 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • Lynnah
    Lynnah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How strange, this morning I had almost exactly the same thing! Skimmed milk, water, oats, 1/2 banana, a couple of sliced strawberries and some cinnamon. What a coincidence! (mine was a slightly inferior microwave version though since I'm at university with no proper kitchen access)

It's the first time I've ever tried it, just messing about with food I had to hand. I have to say it was a delicious experiment though, haha.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I eat a very similar meal except sometimes I boil in a tbsp of sliced almonds :-)
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A scoop of protein powder and it would be a very balanced brekky!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    ProudMomoftwo Posts: 525
    Options
    This sounds wonderful

Thanks!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good. Thanks!
  • minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That does sound good! As an oatmeal lover, I have been hooked for several months on quaker steel cut oats for breakfast. Since I just started MFP, I am appalled to see that they list one cup of steel cut as having 600 calories!! That's half my daily allowance down the tubes for breakfast only! And I only added a drizzle of agave nectar. Not fair!! : ( And I have to wonder if that calculation is accurate. The oats were made with water only.
    Cheers!

Susan