Starter excises, HELP!!!

Options
AlanaLizette
AlanaLizette Posts: 9
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all.
I'm Alana and I'm 22 and have a 2 year old son. I'm new to this but looking for some advice on exercises that I can do at home whilst I have my son as well as some I can do for the few hours his at nursery, I was thinking of starting up running again but don't want to just throw myself into it, any help, advice and tips greatly appreciated!

Feel free to add me :) thanks

Replies

• wolfordwebsites
    wolfordwebsites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This sounds maybe strange, but between CICO and running in place and running on a six inch step, I've lost 20 pounds since mid Jan. Btw I have a young child and full time job, so I get the no time issue for sure! If you can run outside, all the better. Sounds like you have a good plan.
  • AlanaLizette
    Options
    This sounds maybe strange, but between CICO and running in place and running on a six inch step, I've lost 20 pounds since mid Jan. Btw I have a young child and full time job, so I get the no time issue for sure! If you can run outside, all the better. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Doesn't sound strange at all! Happy to take any advice I can get currently in a work placement and studying too at the moment, so literally trying to fill any Spare time I have.
  • dtsbrown
    dtsbrown Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Running is a great plan. Start small with run walk intervals to build up your goal. Also if you have local hills or mountains cross train on them. Pushing your son in a jogging stroller will give you even more of a workout. Change up your exercise often throughout the week to not get bored. I run several times a week, then bike ride, hike the local mountains and Rock climb to use all different muscle groups and then I'm not bored as well by not having the same thing every day. Good luck
  • DyDy1987
    DyDy1987 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey all.
    I'm Alana and I'm 22 and have a 2 year old son. I'm new to this but looking for some advice on exercises that I can do at home whilst I have my son as well as some I can do for the few hours his at nursery, I was thinking of starting up running again but don't want to just throw myself into it, any help, advice and tips greatly appreciated!

Feel free to add me :) thanks

Hi Alana, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 27 years old and have a two year old and I started working out a few weeks ago. What helped me was going OnDemand and going to the fitness section and they have a beginner cardio called Kick boxing jacks and kicks. Let me tell you I did this everyday while my son slept along with some an work outs and I started losing weight. I completely changed the way I ate as well. I only eat organic foods, fruits, salads and fish. And I never eat processed foods. Also drink plenty of water and stop drinking soda and juices. Good luck and let me know if you need any help!
  • AlanaLizette
    Options
    Thanks for all the positivity and tips! Much appreciated and I will definitely be putting it into practice :) thanks again x
  • AlanaLizette
    Options
    broyoooo wrote: »
    sixpackfactory.com Its like home for fat burning home workouts without equpments

Thank you! Going to take a look at that now
  • madmaddox719
    madmaddox719 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    http://www.gymaholic.co/workouts/home-workout-routine-guide
    Try this website, I find it the best!