Slow and Steady - I've got this!

Options
michelle_816
michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
I have popped on the Success threads so much over the last year, and I have always been hesitant to post anything until today.

I bought a couple new dresses for some weddings this upcoming summer in a size 8 and was pleasantly surprised when they ACTUALLY fit :smile:

Then I came across a picture of me about a month into my MFP journey last year. It was my son's First Communion and I was wearing a size 12 dress that I thought fit me properly - heck, I was happy it zipped :p

I took pictures with the new dresses and compared them to this one! I know I've lost weight - around 34 lbs - but I didn't think it would reflect this much!

I have about 15-20 more lbs to my goal and a lot of toning to do (my arms - eek!), but I am getting there - slow, steady, and now proud of how far I've come!

5ef9d162-2584-4e50-9326-2f8b3b8aef5b_zps90wgj6oj.jpg
1b9ea895-1c9e-42c2-b777-caaaf9009cad_zpsf8eclgmu.jpg

Replies

• emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What a difference!
  • AprilPink32
    Options
    You look amazing!! keep up the great work!!!
  • saladfairy
    saladfairy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    look at that tiny waist! Awesome job!!!
  • michelle_816
    Options
    Thanks all :)
  • bzitske
    bzitske Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is what it's all about! You look great! P.S. You're arms already look fantastic. :)
  • Tweakfish
    Tweakfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic OP!!! Congratulations! :blush:
  • jls1788
    jls1788 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's so great! You look wonderful! Thanks for posting! I'm a size 12 or 14 and would love to be an 8! Very motivational!
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great! Can definitely tell a difference!
  • Sunnygirl671
    Options
    Wow..you should be so proud. ..keep it up..the pictures show your success and the smile does too :smiley:
  • Sherbear0123
    Sherbear0123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Size 8 is my goal size and I hope I look that great!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You look so great! I'm in a 12 now... Close to being in a 10... And seeing your post is a great motivator for me!!
  • michelle_816
    Options
    Wow, thanks all :blush:

Just to clarify, the dress is an 8 but I am still officially in my 10s for jeans! My end all goal is to be in an 8 for all my pants (a 6 would be great but I'd be happy being a trimmed, toned 8)!

And all of you 12's out there, you got this :smiley: It's totally doable! It has taken me about a year to get to where I am, but I definitely fell off the bandwagon over the holidays and had to make up for an 8 lb gain then. And as much as I'd love to be, I do not exercise as regularly as I'd like or for as long as I'd like. I eat everything I used to, just in smaller portions, and I have had many a day where I have seen the dreaded red numbers from MFP! But this is about the journey - sometimes feels neverending - but if I can continue to inch towards my goal weight and handle setbacks before they get out of control, then I got this!!!!

Thanks again and good luck to all of you in your goals :wink:
  • bernalgirl
    bernalgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work!
  • michelle_816
    Options
    Thank you!
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look great, what I like the most is you're wearing color!! The orange looks great on you!! I used to wear a lot of color and everyone used to compliment me, then I gained 30 lbs..started wearing only black..for some reason we all think black is slimming and looks great..but color is the way to go!! Congrats again!!
  • michelle_816
    Options
    Thank you!!! And that is so true! I love the bright colors - I feel so confident in them! Yet when I was heavy, I trended towards black or darker colors a lot!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!