Having Trouble Staying Motivated to Work Out

Options
I came back to MFP about a little over a month ago and have been doing pretty well with exercising every other day but the past week and a half I haven't been motivated to work out at all. I don't know if it's the cold weather or what but anybody have some tips on getting motivated to get active again?

Replies

• Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    One thing that I find can be helpful is to make a new workout playlist. Having some new music to workout to can make it more fun to go to the gym. You could also try joining a class so you have people to work out with and some motivation to keep up with the schedule and go each time. Or try buying a new outfit to work out in or some new running shoes you wanna try out! Or set up a small system of rewards for yourself, such as if you make it to the gym 3 times a week for one month straight you get yourself a new nail polish you've been wanting or treat yourself to a pedicure. Also just having a friend you are accountable to who checks in with you on days you are supposed to go to the gym helps. Have someone close to you know your schedule for working out, and ask them to call you those evenings and ask how your workout went! Can help motivate you to keep up with it if you know someone will be checking in.
    Good luck! :)
  • stephanie1x2
    stephanie1x2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try joining a sports club? Then you are doing something you enjoy with others to motivate you without rlly feeling like you have to do the same boring exercise routines
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I do challenges to keep my routine on a schedule. I just did 63 days of Insanity, and having the challenge schedule ensured me to do each workout.

Progress photos also help. When I really don't want to workout, I flip through the photos saved on my phone and the muscle definition gets me focused again.

You can also treat yourself to new shoes, new workout pants, new sports bra, etc. anything that'll get you excited for your next sweat session.