When is it too much?

Options
So i have gotten into this really bad habit of making 100grams of peanut butter fit my daily calorie intake... but it takes just under half my days calories. I do not eat it all in one go, but have little bits throughout the day- is this really bad? im worried that i may be harming my digestive system eating so much of something so high in fibre and fat (even if it is 'good fat').

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't think fiber and fat can harm your digestive system.

I would be more worried about what the peanut butter was crowding out. Having half your calories in any food isn't a great idea.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Are you meeting your other macro goals (I guess I'd primarily be concerned about protein, since 100g PB should cover fat pretty well)?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So i have gotten into this really bad habit of making 100grams of peanut butter fit my daily calorie intake... but it takes just under half my days calories. I do not eat it all in one go, but have little bits throughout the day- is this really bad? im worried that i may be harming my digestive system eating so much of something so high in fibre and fat (even if it is 'good fat').

If you're happy eating half your calories in peanut butter then enjoy it!
  • peanutbutteraddict1
    peanutbutteraddict1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am often slightly low on protein, however i am a vegetarian and so nuts are a major protein source for me:) well i have been experiencing problems with bloating lately and couldn't really find a cause.. thought this might be related. Have seen the doctor about the bloating and the medicine isnt really working so decided to re-evaluate the diet.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    What other sources of protein do you eat?