High Sugar Intake

Options
I'm finding it really hard to stay within my sugar intake guidelines.

I have had my breakfast today, 2 half pears in juice (75 cal) and a bowl of branflakes and it seems I am in minus sugar allowance for the day already.

I am aware that fruit has a lot of sugar, but I didn't think it would be 18 of my 29g daily allowance.

Any tips/advice?

Jo
x

Replies

• bridetobe310711
    Options
    i am on lipotrim shakes and i am over on my sugar :(
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I found it impossible too, to the point where I stopped even tracking it. These days I tend to try and be sensible about it but I dont worry too much if its over.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I don't worry too much about the sugar if I know it's coming from fruit.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    the syrup in the pears is high in sugar. Maybe eating a fresh pear would be better or in light syrup. I take a biotin capsule and a cinnamon capsule with breakfast as it helps metabolize the sugar better. Not sure yet if it is helping but I had been losing 2 lbs a week and this week I lost 5. Today is the start of week 3 on the pills.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ohh velvetkat I like the sound of these! Gunna have a look later.

The pears I ate were in juice, not in syrup. :)

Thanks for the advice guys, makes me feel a little better. :)
  • theseagull
    theseagull Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    the syrup in the pears is high in sugar. Maybe eating a fresh pear would be better or in light syrup. I take a biotin capsule and a cinnamon capsule with breakfast as it helps metabolize the sugar better. Not sure yet if it is helping but I had been losing 2 lbs a week and this week I lost 5. Today is the start of week 3 on the pills.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]4925355.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

I come over the sugar intake daily, but I know my self that sugar isn't all from white sugar .. most are from fruit. That/s why I don't take that much care about it .

But I have to ask about the amount of vitamin C .. Yesterday I total it with -120% .. all by fruit .. salads ! Is it alright ?

plus .. the capsules u have (( biotin capsule and a cinnamon capsule )) are they made for slimming ? or such of vitamins supplement capsules?
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you stick to whole foods with natural sugars you should be fine - fresh or frozen (without added sugar) instead of canned as much as possible. Personally, I removed sugar from my journal because I was over every day even though I was doing a good job of eating healthy (even skim milk has a lot of sugar).
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    ""I come over the sugar intake daily, but I know my self that sugar isn't all from white sugar .. most are from fruit. That/s why I don't take that much care about it .

But I have to ask about the amount of vitamin C .. Yesterday I total it with -120% .. all by fruit .. salads ! Is it alright ?

plus .. the capsules u have (( biotin capsule and a cinnamon capsule )) are they made for slimming ? or such of vitamins supplement capsules?""

The capsules I take are vitamin supplements and came from http://www.puritan.com/ Biotin is part of the B complex vitamins. Not sure what I do but I have never gone over my sugar on my diary. I did learn that you shouldn't eat your fruit last in your meal. I was eating it like for dessert but you should eat it first and then after it the protein as otherwise you tend to get hungry quicker. Couldn't figure out why I was starved mid morning every day and I had even upped my breakfast calories to try to fix it. Now I eat 1 cup of strawberries and after it I eat my protein.. either a protein shake or oatmeal and it seems to work just fine!
    I don't think there is any problem going over your percentages of vitamins unless you went way way overboard but thats just my opinion.
    Kathy
  • noxx27
    noxx27 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As long as your sticking to the natural sugars your fine it it were to snickers bar be afraid be very afraid! Seriously though I had the some problem and I quit tracking it so closely as long as its natural sugars.

Gook luck,
    Eric