What are some effective lower ab workouts?

Options
I had a baby two years ago and I'm having trouble working out my lower abs. Has there been any work outs that work for lower abs besides crunches?

Replies

• prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hanging leg raises, reversed crunches, planks, ab wheel rollouts. Just to name a few.
    Remember though, spot fat removal is a myth.
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Leg curls
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to strengthen the muscles, I'd go with planks and reverse crunches and maybe boat pose (I think that's the one :confused: )

If you're trying to decrease the "flab" I'd suggest a full body lifting program with a mild deficit. Lowering your body fat % overall is the only way to decrease that post-baby belly.
  • DyDy1987
    DyDy1987 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm definitely going to do a full body work out. And try some of those exercises, I've done planks before but they hurt my lower back. Maybe I'm doing them wrong.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    DyDy1987 wrote: »
    I had a baby two years ago and I'm having trouble working out my lower abs. Has there been any work outs that work for lower abs besides crunches?

running :P
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    hanging leg raises for sure
  • Donspen21
    Donspen21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you go on YouTube and look at Chris Beastmode Jones vids, he has some great ones for the lower as well as upper and the obliques