Are You A Planet Fitness Member???? I AM!!!!

Options
If you are a PF Member,
1) What do you love most about it?
2) What's your favorite machine?
3) What's your favorite workout?
4) How far are you in your progress?

i8022eezn9fh.jpg

Replies

• mahoganybrowne
    mahoganybrowne Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So... noone else goes to Planet Fitness here???
  • johnjohn9211
    johnjohn9211 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I used to go to planet fitness. I wasn't really a huge fan, so I switched to another gym.

The things I did like about it were the price, the long hours they're open, and the large amount of cardio machines they have. They're have been times at smaller gyms where I'd want to use a treadmill but they were all being used. Never had that happen at Planet Fitness.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    There are people who attend that gym who have posted on other threads that discuss it, among other topics.

I don't because the one that I took a tour of here does not have the equipment I use. It's great that people workout at the location, that was the best part of the tour (seeing others working out), but the emphasis on no heavy weight lifting (bit judge-y for a no judgment place) and anti-"difficult classes" like... zumba makes it not really a place I care to attend even if the fee is reasonable. I haven't caught a zumba class at my gym (too many people in them), I have done done stronglifts and am going through new rules of lifting for women, so need a squat rack and place to deadlift. The planet fitness here doesn't have either (since they just had a corner with dumbbells which were not part of the tour). Can work for some, especially the cardio focused (kinda want a purple treadmill, to be honest) but not a place for everyone.
  • jarambar
    jarambar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. I like the location.
    2. Treadmill. I don't like running outside in the winter.
    3. I like using sandbells for grip strength.
    4. Maintenance and working upper body for a Spartan sprint.
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you are a PF Member,

1 - price and proximity to work
    2 - lat pull down or leg press. Trying to use Dumbbells as much as possible
    3 - I've been doing Bulgarian split squats recently. I like those
    4 - I'm in weight loss mode. Down from 230 to 218 since late December.

I need PF right now because I have been all about excuses wrt working out. My main goal for working out is strength training and trying to maintain some muscle mass while losing weight. PF won't be my long term gym for that. I need barbells and squat racks and 45 lb plates. But first I need to get back into a routine, any routine, before I can justify paying 5 to 10 times as much for a real gym. PF is across the street from my office so I have no excuse for not going. I'll make it work it until it can't meet my needs anymore.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So... noone else goes to Planet Fitness here???

Just us Rainbow Brites. My favorite workout is the Press n Curl

zm9y3kzs8qrh1yvrkpjw.jpg
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I heard they banned deadlifts and weaves.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    why don't other gyms matter to your poll? Is this an advertisement for PF?

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    its in my budget and is all i need. i use the elliptical and have just started on the arc trainer, which im really liking.

mine has a pretty large weight area (ive never looked at it closely but it seems to be popular, and runs the width of the building)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't go to gyms that say they are a "no judgement zone" and then judge people that lift ….I also like my deadlifts and squats….

but in to follow ….
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I don't go to gyms that say they are a "no judgement zone" and then judge people that lift ….I also like my deadlifts and squats….

but in to follow ….

I'm in the same boat. I did trying going to one though when I was out of town, wanted to work out and the only other thing available was the hotel workout area. The PF that charges $10 a month wanted $20 for a day membership??? Skipped it.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    The lunk alarm though..... :s
    icqqRwz.gif
  • MaseMan3K
    MaseMan3K Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you like it, and it's helping you get in better shape, that's great for you. I've talked to many people who don't like PF for many different reasons.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you are a PF Member,

1) the price, the one i now go to is brand new and so much nicer than my old pf, i can go to any location, free hydromassage bed, i can bring my bf or mom for free everyday if i wanted to

2) i love the treadmill and the smith machines

3) im trying to start running, so fav workout at the moment is sprints/brisk walking on the treadmill. I just bring my ipad and watch tv/movies

4) ive lost 32lbs since january. Current weight is 210. My ultimate goal weight is still undecided, as i want to get down to 150-160, then at that point i dont care what i weigh. I will focus more on muscles, maintainence, and getting stronger!