Fitness Tracker?

Options
Any recommendations for a fitness tracker? What brand? Does it help? What's your favorite feature.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• margaretlb4
    margaretlb4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i had a fitbit but it kept falling off and finally i lost it. I think the way it fastens is really terrible, but i liked it's functionality
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I used to use a FitBit One. It worked pretty well and was fairly accurate. After it broke I started using the Breeze app on my iPhone, which also works well.

You will get out of each tracker what you put into it. If you regularly don't meet your goals, don't make it a point to hit your steps each day, you will get nothing out of it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Which, if any, tracker is right for you depends on what you do.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Vivofit.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've had the UP24 since Dec and love it. It gives you your BMR then calculates calories burned by steps. Other activities you can long in and it will estimate burn. It incorporates with MFP for food logging. Favorite feature is vibrating alarm. I sometimes sleep with earplugs and I use the viberation alarm for waking up.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OP ... what activities do you do? What information are you wanting to track?

Without that basic information you'll continue to get the ever growing list of what others use with zero consideration if it meets your needs.
  • JKJ832
    JKJ832 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for all the input,...I went with a Fitbit Charge,...
  • megatron1129
    megatron1129 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the market for a tracker, most of my workouts are at the gym, or while serving tables at my second job.

My company gave away some Jawbone UPs but I missed the boat and didn't get one. Which might be a positive, a coworker tells me it doesn't track his treadmill workouts.

I have a Galaxy s4, so I hope whatever you recommend has a decent app...

Thanks for all of your help!

PS - Ideally, someone is reading this and wants to develop a tracker/mp3 player all in one!
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip. It works good for me. I didn't care about tracking sleep or stairs so just got this model. I know I'm walking more, because I make sure I get at least 10,000 steps a day. I can tell before getting the Zip, I was probably only averaging 3,000 - 5,000 steps on the weekend. If I need more steps I just walk about the house or use my treadmill.
  • BossFat
    BossFat Posts: 13
    Options
    Polar V800 ;) Got mine a month ago and I can honestly say that it has doubled my activity level. 23 workouts of gym and running in the last 30 days, compared to my average of ~12. It tracks activity and sleep in addition to being a full-fledged workout computer. Love every bit of it after Fitbit.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just pre-ordered a Jawbone UP3. It's supposed to track heart rate, steps, calories in/out, sleep patterns, and a host of other things. Now, if only Jawbone would release it.
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    megatron, I went with the Fitbit HR, for the heart rates...very useful to see fat burning vs cardio, and normal resting rates. Stairs is an important function, because it also means that if you walk uphill or on an incline treadmill, you need a way to capture that part of the burn....so this one has all that, and the sleep analysis, which is also handy. Also it has a traditional clasp so it does not fall off or get lost, like my fitbit one, or my hubbie's fitbit bracelet that fell off. We are both much happier with this one.