Need people to lose weight with, be healthy & feel awesome!!

Options
I want to start eating healthy without losing sight on cooking and eating food that tastes good. I want to try to go dairy free and try to eliminate all processed foods. This will be a challenge for me especially the fitness aspect due to my work schedule. I am a nurse and I am gone from 7 AM to seven at night and then I have a little boy that I have to get straight for school so there's not a lot of free time I am ready to go to bed every night by 930...and up until that point I just have absolutely no extra time. It would be awesome to have some people to try to achieve goals with or at least get some tips and hear about other positive success stories!

Replies

• Aye29
    Aye29 Posts: 3
    Options

Hello ! Im new here I didn't understand the app please help me :(
  • tabithahayes2000
    tabithahayes2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Alright so what about that do you not understand
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of processed foods is tough since everything we buy is processed but it can Def be done.

I'm up at 530am and I'm home by 8pm but I still get my workout in. It's all mental honestly, just think about being healthy for yourself and your kid and you'll get the workout in
  • gwlawrence2020
    gwlawrence2020 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for all that you do. From the sounds of your initial post it sounds like you are all about "commitment." Shouldn't be a problem for you to direct that your fitness goals. Good luck and take care.
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm an ER veterinarian and frequently end up at the hospital for 12-16 hours a day. I understand your struggles with having no time. Thankfully, I don't have your added difficulties of a child to take care of, unless you count my very energetic 3 year old pit bull :P Feel free to add me and we can help each other out - maybe figure out tips for getting exercise in while working! :)
  • lizy004
    lizy004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand it is hard. I have a 3 month old who requires alot of me and I'm trying to lose the weight i gained from pregnancy and i work from 8-5 Monday thru Friday. Sometimes there is not enough time in the day but I'm confident you'll find a way to do it.
  • treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nurse too. My hours suck also but I've made time to get healthy. I work from 6am-2pm on a good day but I usually get stuck doing a 6am- 10pm with 3 kids. Its hard but in january, I told myself I need to lose 28ibs. I stopped making excuses you know work, kids etc about not being able to work out. From January till now I'm 0.8ibs away dropping 20ibs. Good luck. You can do it.
  • elizaleonard97
    Options
    I want to start eating healthy without losing sight on cooking and eating food that tastes good. I want to try to go dairy free and try to eliminate all processed foods. This will be a challenge for me especially the fitness aspect due to my work schedule. I am a nurse and I am gone from 7 AM to seven at night and then I have a little boy that I have to get straight for school so there's not a lot of free time I am ready to go to bed every night by 930...and up until that point I just have absolutely no extra time. It would be awesome to have some people to try to achieve goals with or at least get some tips and hear about other positive success stories!

It's hard to cut out processed food but as long as u keep stuff as clean and lean as possible the odd bit of processed stuff won't b that bad
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    While I'm not looking to rid my diet of all processed foods, I am looking to cut wayyyy back on sugar and alcohol! Would love to be friends and help support each other! :)
  • tabithahayes2000
    tabithahayes2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Sugar and alcohol are the devil