starting weight. is 164. my goal is 145. any experience and strengh is always welcome

Options
<3

Replies

• vandasreject
    vandasreject Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, my starting weight is also 164. Just finished my first week and lost 5 pounds. :)
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Patience. It takes time. It took me about one year to lose 20 pounds. So you have to stick with it.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 164 right now too, and final goal is 143 (give or take a few lbs)... Although I started out at 192 lbs over a year ago. Feel free to add me if you want. Good luck! :)
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I started at 183. Now at goal of 137.
    The last 20 lb loss was obtainable by logging everyday, every meal on MFP.
    Weighing and measuring everything.
    And most importantly. Portion control.

I exercise once a week. Eat and drink anything I want as long as they fit in my numbers.
    Good luck on your journey !
  • krocstar
    krocstar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My goals is similiar--to go from 164 to 145 (or no less than 140) I had my 6 week weigh-in yesterday and i am down to 154. Im working out twice a week doing cardio, very light weights and have changed the type of foods i eat significantly. A trainer i had years ago told me its 60% of what you eat and 40% exercise; that was very good advice.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I've gone from about 170 to 150 in about 12 weeks. I dramatically changed my diet to include an insane amount of veggies and fiber. I just recently started to up my activity level. Currently jogging or walking a few miles a few days a week and randomly doing pushups, squats, etc...in my livingroom.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I started at 163. My first mini goal was 150. Now I'm 133 and still going :)
  • Panders40
    Panders40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am at 160 right now and my goal is 135-140. I was 180 January 1st. I lost the first 20 pounds by exercising regularly, and cutting out ALL refined and added sugar. I only took in natural sugars such as in whole fruit. I also cut out alcohol for the entire month of January until I could control my cravings. I am struggling right now at a bit of a plateau because I have increased my exercising but its making me hungrier and also making cravings more difficult to control. I keep protein shakes and bars in my car and purse at all times. Good Luck! Feel free to add me. My diary is open
  • javalyd
    javalyd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In Dec I was 180. I am now 166, my goal is 134. I m 4'11. I need motivation to continue my journey. Add me as your pal and let's do this!!!!
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm at 165 and set my mini goal to 150. Ideally, I'd like to get to 145, but I'll just start with this for now. :wink:
  • ma5y
    ma5y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi. My weight is also 164 pounds. My goal is to lose 14 pounds.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    my high point last spring was 163. started on MFP in the fall at 152. it took me 6 months to lose those first 11 lbs and i'm only down another 3 since. slow going, for sure. shooting for about 145, maybe 140. consistency with working out and eating right is the only way i know, riding out the bumps and trying not to let them discourage me along the way.
  • chinabs
    chinabs Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I didn't read all of the above but I started around 164 after when I started using myfit but had lost 4-5 lbs before that. My goal is to get healthy, lost the abdominal weight that can cause all those awful diseases. My husband and I are working together (He is pre-diabetes) so that is a factor too. We have increased our raw foods in a big way and we now exercise at least 4-5 times a week. At first I was losing 2 lbs a week then my doctor told me 1200 Calories may not be enough so we upped it to 1350 C. I'm still losing a bit a day but I feel good. I was making a spinach/berry smoothie almost daily which really helped with the raw veggies and low glycemic fruit for my hubby. I'm at 152 now. My goal is now to have a abdominal measurement of 80 c but likely that will be around 140 lbs. So keep on everyone.
  • PuppyPuppy12
    PuppyPuppy12 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I started at 160 with a goal of 140 and actually ended up settling in at 133. I went as low as 123, but I looked gaunt (I'm 5'8") and felt exhausted. For me, jogging and then running did the trick -- I didn't know what Couch to 5K, Couch to 10K, etc, was at the time, but that's more or less what I did on my own. I also heavily focused on portion control and eating fewer processed foods, but made sure to build in room for dessert 2-3 times a week (a close friend has orthorexia and I didn't want to set myself up for that). Once the weight started coming off, I focused on building up strength. I know not everyone loves the 30-Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and so on, but I had a very good experience with them. I also recommend sugar-free gum -- really helped me avoid snacking when I was bored!
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi I started at 146 and am almost to my mini goal of 139. Then going to my real goal of 130. I am vegan for the time being and it's going way easier now that I cut out all dairy meat and sugar.
  • newfie026
    newfie026 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I went from 186 to 133 in about a year and a half. I've been maintaining for about a year now and feeling amazing. Take your time. It's worth it!