30 day shred... it's time to stick to my own word.

Options
I'm going to do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I've said this so many times that even I would doubt myself. But I've reached a point that I literally need to do this. For myself. To prove to myself that I can stick to my word, even when just given that word to myself....so please feel free to join me if you kike! At the end I will share my results to include pictures and measurements

Replies

• mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one day 9. It's definitely a good workout in just 20 minutes. Stick to it! I know I can't wait for my results.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. I have Jillian's ripped in 30 and I have started it and got to week two, then had to take a small break. Then went back and redid week 2, then went on vacation. And now I'm thinking should I just start all over again or just do week 2 again. I was feeling great and need to keep going until I can finish week 4. UGH. But I'm in. Are you starting today?
  • mandalynn1986
    mandalynn1986 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Kellikat80 wrote: »
    Sounds good to me. I have Jillian's ripped in 30 and I have started it and got to week two, then had to take a small break. Then went back and redid week 2, then went on vacation. And now I'm thinking should I just start all over again or just do week 2 again. I was feeling great and need to keep going until I can finish week 4. UGH. But I'm in. Are you starting today?

Yep starting tonight once I get done with work :) I had started it last week but got lazy, not gonna lie, (lol) so I'm just going to make a fresh start tonight and power through it.
  • dsmay03
    dsmay03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 9 level 1. The first few days were tough but you can do it!!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    This is going to seem like a crazy thought, but...

if you're finding it that hard to stick to the 30DS, have you considered trying to find another form of exercise, that you would enjoy more?
  • mandalynn1986
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 completed last night :D

• mandalynn1986
    Options

if you're finding it that hard to stick to the 30DS, have you considered trying to find another form of exercise, that you would enjoy more?

It's cause I'm lazy and make excuses. This form of excercise is inexpensive, the more enjoyable kind for me are the classes which cost a lot of money. I appreciate the input... but i was looking for more motivating help. To stick with it?
  • JAOBeautyJunkie
    JAOBeautyJunkie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was just going to do day 3 level 3.
    I think it is a really good work out and you should try and stick to it, it's totally worth it!
    I'm doing it now for the second time. The first time I had to stop during level 2, because I got really sick and it took me a YEAR! to finally pick it up again! Every 2-3 days I do some spinning in addition to the workout, that way it's not always the same and it keeps me motivated :smile:
  • oblivionjones
    oblivionjones Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I was going to start 30 day shred last week and made too many excuses. I'm going to restart tomorrow morning first thing when I wake up. I've been putting off working out in the morning, too, but I know it works the best and keeps me from making excuses after work.
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Day 9 level 1 done :smiley:
  • beckyb0nes
    beckyb0nes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I started and stopped this workout a few times for various reasons over the past few months. Just started again yesterday and I think I am finally in a place where I can commit the time and energy to the consistency and dedication it takes to complete the program. It's important not to beat yourself up and instead recognize the things that are holding you back. For me, adjusting to a new job and not planning the workout into my day was huge. I'm actually excited this time around because I know I'll finally reach the end. Good luck on your journey!
  • tiffanyO1994
    tiffanyO1994 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 feel free to add me I love her workouts I have done it in the past hoping I can stick to it this time !!!
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am on level one day 3... I just started! I know there is no way I could keep up with it if I did it for 30 days straight, though. So I am doing it 5 days per week, each level will take me two weeks. For me, it will be the 45-day shred :P
  • Lissieyo
    Lissieyo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've just finished day 2 level 1. :)
  • youkneeque
    youkneeque Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am in. I am going to start it tomorrow night as I have class after work and won't get home until 11pm. I am glad you posted this. I will let you guys know how I do on my first day.
  • chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    is this workout really only 20 min?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This^

There are sooooooo many videos out there. I couldn't do the same thing 10 days straight (x3).....and certainly not the same instructor 30 days straight. Nothing magic here (3-2-1 has been around awhile).

collagevideo.com / totalfitnessdvds.com.....hundreds of videos with clips & reviews.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
  • JAOBeautyJunkie
    JAOBeautyJunkie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm done with the 30 Days! Yay!! I already eat kind of healthy, so I didn't follow any dietplan.. I hope that everybody doing it is still motivated enough to keep it up! If not, here are my results:

We have cm and not inch, just so you know! I have lost 6.5cm around my waist, 2cm around my hips and 1cm on each of my thighs! I haven't lost any weight, which is totally okay, but I think that if I had followed a dietplan, I would have even better results!

I think I'm ging to do "Ripped in 30" now...
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    Options
    I just finished day 1 level 1. Add me for motivation! :)