Home exercises without equipment

Options
Hi all!
I am a senior in high school and am always very busy applying for both college and jobs, as well as keeping up my schoolwork, family, and social life. I want to lose some weight and get fit but I don't currently have a job so I can't go to a gym and I have no exercise equipment of my own except for a treadmill which I share with my family. Can anyone suggest some fat-burning exercises that can be done at home without equipment?

Replies

• badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Air squats, sit ups, planks, wall sits, burpees, push ups, walk outs, jumping lunges, sprints...
  • kazaargrandcru
    kazaargrandcru Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Burpees!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    Google "You are Your Own Gym" (sorry, I forget the name of the author) and consider getting out walking / running / biking. It's all good!
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with "you are your own gym". Also, you can google search all kinds of exercises and workout routines for free not to mention all the free YouTube videos (Jillian Micheals 30 day shred is good). Did you know that you can rent free workout videos at your local library? And if your family has tv, there are a ton of workouts on Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, all for free.

There are free resources out there everywhere. You just have to look. Good luck to you!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Go to school early in the morning and use their gym. I talked with my pe (wrestling as well) coach and he said that as long as I showed up consistently he would be there. I did that my jr and sr. I ended with a 150lbs bench and a 250lbs squat. I loved it.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Nerd fitness body weight routine
    convict conditioning
  • mam479
    mam479 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender would be an excellent place to start.

They have tons of (free!) work out videos and you can search their website restricting the results to whatever equipment you may have. Very encouraging and body positive. Plus some of their videos use stuff that people have around the house like water bottles or a chair to augment work outs.

I highly recommend them, along with restricting calories I lost 15lbs solely using their videos in like 2.5 months
  • jarambar
    jarambar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for you are your own gym. Your public library should have a copy.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I believe Beachbody is starting or just started a pay by the month streaming service where you have access to a ton of home fitness videos. I lost 54 lbs. so far using their products so I am a big fan
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Fitness Blender channel on YouTube (it's FREE, yay!) and "You are Your Own Gym" (YAYOG) by Mark Lauren. If you can't find the YAYOG book at your library, there's a phone/tablet app by him that you can purchase (I believe it is only $3). The whole program is structured and progressive, and the app is easy to use, with videos of each exercise.
  • jmvshreck
    Options
    Thanks everybody! Will definitely be experimenting to see what works best for me!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    running
  • pballdonna
    pballdonna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just saying...even while you're researching...get moving...start right now...go for a walk...cut out junk food. My point being don't wait till you find the perfect program...get going!! And good luck. The good eating and fitness and exercise habits you make now will last you a lifetime. Also find a sport you like...added benefits are you'll make more friends with similar interests and you will have fun while exercising.
  • auchataj
    auchataj Posts: 2
    Options
    Sprinting I would say is the best exercise to lose weight! Just use ur treadmill run for a min walk for a min like that increasing ur speed as u go lil by lil!! U will b burning fat for 24 hour after ur sprinting
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The NYC Ballet workouts are on youtube, if you're into that. They might feel overwhelming with no dance experience (and they're even overwhelming for me sometimes, with dance experience), but they're good ~60 minute workouts.