On the fat wagon...again...so mad at myself!

Options
So mad at myself! After my son was born in 2006 I lost all my baby weight. It was hard work but I did it! Now..going on 9 years later I'm back at the exact same weight I was right after he was born & need to lose that same 50lb again! My moment of realizing I had really put it all back on? Couple weeks ago my husband & I went on a weekend getaway to Nashville. While in Wildhorse Saloon a man ask me if I was "with child". I was mortified! So I saw my dr and got a meal plan in place and started b12 shots. On day 4 & so far so good! Here is a pict from Nashville..it's going to be my official "before" picture. u63nij2isyzr.jpg

Replies

• Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    good luck :P you can do it. I have 50 lbs to lose to ..my profile pic is me before having my two kids
  • Tammyb819
    Tammyb819 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie...I wish you the best. Losing weight is no fun! But, you know you can do it. I had to look for other areas of my life to "lose weight".... heavy burdens, heavy workloads, overstuffed e-mail inbox, crammed storage spaces, heavy draining people.... you get the idea. I also like to find nurturing things I can do in place of my food crutches, such as walking away from work and the computer ...and taking a "time-out"...when I just relax with a nice cup of tea or coffee, and my thoughts (only light peaceful thoughts!). :smiley: Good luck! You're not alone.
  • leighann9981
    leighann9981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My profile pict is me on Easter last year. I've changed jobs since then and went from being on my feet all day to sitting behind a desk. I've gained almost 15 in a year! It's nice to know I'm not alone!
  • cecelebe219
    cecelebe219 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done the same exact thing! My thinnest was after my 2nd child (6 years ago) now I am the weight now that I was when I was pregnant with him. So disappointed with myself!
  • leighann9981
    Options
    :\ I sent u a friend request cecelebe219. Our stories are similar..we can be in the same boat together. :neutral_face:
  • judyring
    judyring Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also need to loose a lot of weight. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • annied1961
    Options
    Hi there: I can't believe some jerk would think
    that you are with child.
    You look healthy to me?
    You know what you want for yourself,
    but you are not fat-fluffy maybe?
    So show yourself what you can do and do it!
    Add me as a friend if you like.
    Good to have you aboard!
  • leighann9981
    Options
    Well he did & right in front of my husband. I wanted to hide or cry or something! Guess I had just been in denial about the amount of weight I had put back on. Anyway..I'm not happy to have to go through this journey again, but I am happy my co worker told me about MFP & now I have all of u! Gotta keep our eye on the prize yall!
  • kimsko2010
    kimsko2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, may I say that you are beautiful, right now? I have been there, and I don't have any kids as an excuse for gaining weight in the first place. It is tough. Anyone that says it is easy is unrealistic and insulting. I went to Italy last year, it was my dream trip. There were a bunch of photos of me next to beautiful things.. I wanted to cut most of my body out of most of them.
    I support you, you can do it, feel free to friend me if you like.
  • leighann9981
    Options
    Thank u! I know how u feel. After the incident I avoided the camera the rest of the trip. Maybe we can lose the weight then go back & really ham it up for the camera! ;)
  • gwlawrence2020
    gwlawrence2020 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Sure, losing the weight is hard the second time around. But you have a plan. You have a purpose. And you can build on your past success. You did it before... and you can do it again.
  • kimsko2010
    kimsko2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes! I have always had a thin face and neck, regardless of how thin or not thin the rest of me was. My face and neck aren't that bad but they definitely aren't thin any more and it makes me sad when I look in the mirror. Maybe I should work out and eat in front of the mirror for a while, LOL!
  • klsana00
    klsana00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hugs! In the 50 to lose club as well! 3 kiddos going in three directions then tack on a divorce in progress and the weight snuck right back on one kit kat at a time... Sending you a friend request would love to follow your progress
  • leighann9981
    Options
    Wow idk this many people would start reaching out! I love u all already! Thanks for the encouragement & company. I will def post my progress. That fact that u all will "follow" how I'm doing gives me a place to be accountable & I totally need that!
  • Goldenstarz
    Options
    Wow, what a story. I'm new here but I'm doing these shakes, it cleanses your body from inside out. I'm on Day 6 and I couldn't be happier. I'm already feeling my clothing fitting loosely, which is an amazing feeling. It replaces 2 meals/day so all you'd have to think about is 1 meal+ snacks/day. Honestly, it's one of the best investments I've made, cannot wait to see how I look and feel at the end of my 30 day challenge!!!
  • leighann9981
    Options
    Friending u! Can't wait to see your results! If u continue to be happy & see progress I'd like to know more about the shakes!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. i need to lose 65 to reach my goal. friend request sent. good luck!
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I just lost 50 lbs in 87 days - it can be done. I still have a long way to go, but you can transform yourself in a relatively short period of time - while not easy, it is worth it.
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I hate when that question is asked.. When is your baby due? About the same time yours is... Rude!!
  • leighann9981
    Options
    I agree!