Could use someone to check in with and help me stay motivated.

Options
I am 45 years old, and need to lose about that many pounds. It was easier when I was younger, isn't it always? Lost my mom last year. I have always liked to eat and had a pretty good appetite, but I feel like maybe I have been trying to use food to make myself feel better. And no, it isn't working! I did a lot for my mom, so I have a void to fill and I would like to do that partially with exercise and doing other things to make myself feel good. We had a TERRIBLE winter and I have spent the last 2 months not wanting to leave my house, for any reason, including going to the gym. But winter is supposed to be over now, and I need to get off my butt.

I was doing Weight Watchers last year, and I had some success for a while. Then it stopped working. Honestly, I think that is because 1 point does not necessarily equal the same amount of calories, depending on what you are eating. So I think I am better off counting calories. What I think DID work about Weight Watchers was having to be accountable, going to meetings and getting on the scale. So I am hoping I can be accountable here.

Replies

• kimadm4
    kimadm4 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mom. Please Add me to your friends, I'm the same age and have 30 pounds to lose. Good luck!
  • kimsko2010
    kimsko2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I definitely will. Good luck to you, too!
  • amprncs
    amprncs Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I lost my mom almost 2 years ago and did the same thing. Always good to have support. Please add me!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mom.
    I lost my best friend of 30+ years last year. It has really made staying motivated to get healthy harder.
    Good luck to you.
  • kimsko2010
    kimsko2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I guess losing someone can make you go either way. Good for you! I think I need a kick in the pants!
  • snaptate
    snaptate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm here for ya!
  • deva88
    deva88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just trying to introduce myself it says closed
  • BrittanyStella10
    BrittanyStella10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me! I need some peeps too!
  • liojake
    liojake Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mother. Comfort eating, especially after having something as devastating as that happen, is hard to come back from so kudos for seeking help.
  • 1209lean
    1209lean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have tried this several times but fizzle out. I need to be more committed to my dirt. I lost my Mom a year ago as well. One thing I have changed is more exercise... But not so great with good especially at nighttime!!! I need to lose 40 pounds. Glad to help support you!!!
  • 1209lean
    1209lean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok where is spellcheck... Oops diet and food ... Need help!!!