Meal sizes?

Options
So i read an article the other day that said a person is suppose to have a huge breakfast, medium sized lunch and a small dinner when trying to lose weight. Anyone know if this is true or not? Also, if someone is willing to share their meal plans with me that would be super awesome :)

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Did the article cite sources for this vastly sweeping statement?

It's all down to personal preference.
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. fuel up at the beginning of the day when you are going to need the fuel. doesn't take much fuel to sleep.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    What matters is eating at a calorie deficit.

If you wanna skip breakfast, eat 100 calories for lunch, and 1450 calories for dinner, it's okay.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This idea has been around for ages--eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. It's not really necessary though. Different meal sizes and schedules work for different people. I love big breakfasts (2-3 eggs, 2 slices toast, fruit, coffee and milk.) My daughter likes 2 bites of toast and a sip of hot chocolate. Neither is wrong.
  • saruuhm
    saruuhm Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It just depends on what works for you!
    I personally try to make my biggest meal my breakfast and my smallest meal dinner because the way I look at it, I have all day to burn off my breakfast/need fuel for the day! But that doesn't mean I sit down and eat 50% of my calorie intake for breakfast. I try to eat every 2-3 hours so my day is breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and a post workout. Eating every 2-3 hours will help boost your metabolism. As long as the foods you're eating are good and you're drinking tons of water you will lose weight :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I do the complete opposite and lost 30 lbs.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have a tiny little breakfast. My dinners are usually 800-1200 cals. Do what you want
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite. Breakfast is my smallest meal, lunch is a little bigger, and dinner bigger than lunch. 32lbs down and still going.