Looking for friends to motivate me!

Options
Hi there! I'm Tessa and I'm 21 years old. I have been on MFP before and had success, losing around 20 lbs. Since then, i've gained it all back >:( I am determined to succeed in my goal of losing 50 lbs this time!! I don't have anyone in my life at home that is willing to take that step to make themselves healthier with me. My friends enjoy going out to eat, and my family enjoys their dessert. I'm hoping to find some supportive friends online that will encourage me! I am a very supportive and encouraging person as well, so I hope I can help others too!

Replies

• treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hey Tessa..lots of people on here all in same boat. you have lots of supporters!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and let's do this!!!
  • kshedler
    kshedler Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good for you for doing it while others around you won't! Keep a positive attitude. There's always someone here to help.
  • toriamigo
    Options
    Hi im new :) my name is vicki
  • AJC19706
    AJC19706 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi all, I can sympathize w/Tessa as I don't have someone to help encourage me with this change either. Health issues don't help either...asthma, epilepsy, chronic pain..the list goes on.

Anyway, I'm supposed to lose at least 30 lbs, but the first 10 are hard. I went from losing 7 to gaining 6 back. Taking steroids for asthma doesn't help either.

I'm drinking water, trying to exercise as I can, but its hard not being able to actively work out.
    Anyone else feel this way, frustrated?

Thanks for reading,
    Anthony
  • TessaHomel
    TessaHomel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too, but it only really kicks in when I run. I can pretty much do anything but that! My goal is to work my way up to running a 5K so I can prove to myself that I can overcome that issue!