Hi! I'm a runner!

Options
nateandrews
nateandrews Posts: 30
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I did a decent amount of running last year and participated in a 4 mile race. When it got cold out, I completely dropped off of exercising and fell a bit out of shape. Now that it's warm and I have better access to a gym, I'm looking to get back into the swing of things. Should be a fun year! Anyone else planning on running a lot this year?

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    You might like to join the "March 2015 running challenge". Lots of support there.
  • Dianardh
    Dianardh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also run, these last couple years have made it tough to get outside. I have a half marathon coming up next month. Congrats on the 4miler! Happy running :)
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just picked up running this month and I love it. Feel free to add me. Have a great evening hun.
  • AdelaideNat
    AdelaideNat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    <--- Runner here as well, training for a 10km race in May ! Enjoy your runs, big or small, good and not so good, just RUN :smile:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    You could say that I like to run :smile:

Distance addict checking in!
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Every time you run you win
    Just keep going!!
  • Tucker145
    Tucker145 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I fell in love after the first 2 miles of jogging

• nateandrews
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    You might like to join the "March 2015 running challenge". Lots of support there.

Sounds good!
    Dianardh wrote: »
    I also run, these last couple years have made it tough to get outside. I have a half marathon coming up next month. Congrats on the 4miler! Happy running :)

Thanks! And good luck!
    elly620 wrote: »
    I just picked up running this month and I love it. Feel free to add me. Have a great evening hun.

Keep up with it! It's great
    <--- Runner here as well, training for a 10km race in May ! Enjoy your runs, big or small, good and not so good, just RUN :smile:

That's awesome. Good luck!
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    You could say that I like to run :smile:

Distance addict checking in!

Nice, how far do you usually go?
    Every time you run you win
    Just keep going!!

I'll try!
    Tucker145 wrote: »
    I fell in love after the first 2 miles of jogging

Good to hear, keep up with it!

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Usually 3-20mi 5-7x/wk. Some runs are 24mi+ in the mtns. Some days I run doubles too. (morning and night).
  • nateandrews
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Usually 3-20mi 5-7x/wk. Some runs are 24mi+ in the mtns. Some days I run doubles too. (morning and night).

Reminds me of my brother's marathon training. I'd like to get to that mileage eventually.
  • DLove9321
    DLove9321 Posts: 67 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was the same. Was running all the time last summer. then winter hit and Wisconsin winters are COLD!. went back to bad eating habits and not working out at all. I am sure i gained back 10lbs. But im back and ready to get back into it. Plan on doing a few 10K's this summer. Any runners feel free to add me. Always looking for advice and motivation!
  • nateandrews
    Options
    DLove9321 wrote: »
    I was the same. Was running all the time last summer. then winter hit and Wisconsin winters are COLD!. went back to bad eating habits and not working out at all. I am sure i gained back 10lbs. But im back and ready to get back into it. Plan on doing a few 10K's this summer. Any runners feel free to add me. Always looking for advice and motivation!

A 10K is the next race that I'd like to do. Just gotta get my mileage back up there.
  • blair592
    blair592 Posts: 6
    Options
    Try a mud run. I did a 5k mud run and had a blast

• nateandrews
    Options
    blair592 wrote: »
    Try a mud run. I did a 5k mud run and had a blast

I actually almost signed up for a Tough Mudder this year but it probably won't happen
  • toriamigo
    Options
    Me too! 6miles 5days a week